Unit 41 or Unit 42

chasemike

Which unit would you pick, if you were hunting a big buck? 41 has better odds as a non res,18 %, 42 has odds of 8% 40 has odds of 5%. With the research I have done, I am thinking maybe 42. No doubt would love to hunt 40 with my son, tough to draw.Mike

With the new wilderness protection I don't think I would want either one. So far they have not said which roads will be closed. One thing I do know is you can forget about driving within 5 miles of a canyon, any canyon. Ron

I drew unit 42 Deer. Don't need to know any secret spots, I will do my home work & get the maps a scout the area, just wanted to know if anyone has hunted 42 and if it has good numbers & trophy potential.

Way to go with 42, that a great hunt. The numbers are less than many other units but the quality of animals is just as good as unit 40, plenty of bruisers. As for the wilderness, the boundaries are very similar to the Wilderness Study Areas that were there previously. As for having to hike, well, hopefully that's how you were going to hunt anyways so the wilderness shouldn't be an issue.

That kind of info gets me PUMPED UP ! Hikeing ? Not a problem, I wouldn't know how to act if I could drive up to a animal instead of packing one out.

Me and my optics are going to be buisy in November.

Thank's for the reply, PM me with any more info.

Mike

I am taking a trip out there in a couple weeks. I will let you know if I see any nice speed goats.

Thank's for the info.

Mike

It is a Wilderness NOW! The tribal cops WILL arrest you and take your truck iif you are in a sacred area. Like in the other thread, no one knows where these sacred areas are. The laws can be enforced now. Ron

What is the latest status of the wilderness areas now? Have boundaries been since determined and posted for indian areas? What about road closures leading to wilderness areas? With hunt application soon, just trying to figure out if unit 41 or 42 is worth applying.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-10 AT 03:23PM (MST)[p]So how does this work they close a gate on the road or What. (I hope so) (Have horses will travel) I don't mind a 5-6 mile ride in to hunt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom