Unit 57 Antelope

maddog58

Finally drew Unit 57 after many many years trying. Looking for some general info on where to start to scout. Any help greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me. Thanks

If you have time to scout, cover as much of the area as possible since you never know where a big one will be and good luck!

Had a friend draw that tag a couple years ago. It was opinion that 57 was probably one of the top three areas in the state. I think his goat grossed 83 and some change...

Scout and if you find a big one be ready on opening morning. If they are visible at all, a lot of the resident big ones die in the first hour of shooting light.

Thanks for the advice and the PM'S. Should be a great hunt with an old buddy of mine. Not sure what I'm looking for , but will know it when I see it. More about the hunt with my friend and I have been waiting for a long time. Got one book antelope already so not sure what I want. Been 20 years since I've gotten to hunt with my buddy. Going to be great

check the outer areas of the unit, Delaney rim, adobe town ect. There are less goats but maybe find a better one. If you start at Wamsutter and drive south and stop to look at every goat you see youll never get more than 10 mile from town

I hunted 55 last year, we were using the road that divides the units to access the unit, they are everywhere on both sides of the road! Like others said, just drive the unit and you will see plenty, just a matter of looking over a lot until you see one you like! Have fun!!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-15 AT 01:56PM (MST)[p]Great hunt with an old friend. Thanks to all who helped me out. Got a heavy horned 14" buck with 7" bases, has a buddy who is an official scorer for SCI score him at 79 "no deducts. Will post pics off of phone when I can figure it out.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom