UNIT 90 Deer

southslope82

I am most likely going to pull this tag this year. I was just wanting to see any pics of anybody who has had past success in that area. How would you rate your experience on a 1-10 scale?? Thanks

I'd also like to see some deer pic's from 90. I spent somewhere around 15 days scouting and hunting in parts of 90 last year and only saw one branched antlered buck...

I took this picture last year in 90 while antelope hunting. I didn't see many deer at all, but wasn't specifically looking for them either at first and last light. I'm sure there are some big ones in there somewhere, but this crab claw 4X4 was the best buck I saw.

P1020462.JPG

Thats about the same size as the biggest one I saw in 4 days of antelope hunting there in Oct. '09. They kill 2 or 3 dandies each year on that unit but I think they are killed by local guys who know they are there and kill 'em right away the first day. its a BIG unit with not many tags (although they increased them this year ).Its wide open desert country with low deer numbers. Do a search on here for past threads. You'll find more info and some pictures there. GOOD LUCK. Chip

6106roberts_deer_002.jpg

7468big2.jpg

8752mulie_scouting_09_2_024.jpg

2509mulie_scouting_09_006.jpg

70352008_deer_hunting_gas_hills_042.jpg

Here is a few pictures of 90 deer. It is a hard area to hunt, but with time and scouting there are lots of deer. I don't have the pics but my dad has shot 4 monsters out there in the past 10 years...

I've spent time in that country as well. You will need to cover lots and lots of country because deer density is super low and the majority of bucks are dink 2x to 4 pts. You may only see a few bucks a day but I guess that's hunting!

I don't agree with that jims... But yes you do have to hunt... If you said elk in 90 then I would agree...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom