Unit question?

colofireguy

I am getting ready for the draw and looking around. I was hoping someone might be able to give a little input as to weather unit 55 (not the valle) but the Elliott Barker WMA is worth putting in for. I hunted the Valle this year and had a blast. Since that is near by I was wondering if any body has opinions--- good bad or indifferent. Good luck to everyone hunting still! Headed out after barbary sheep on the 24th (cant wait)
Thanks T.Stanley

I'm assuming you want to hunt for elk, because valle has no deer hunting.I hunted barker a few years ago with my son on a youth deer hunt, late nov.We saw a few nice bulls and it dose border the valle vidal so there are elk in there.Its a long drive from cimarron so you should camp, but you can't get a big rig in there, bad stream crossing etc.A small camper or popup is best. You should have horses also, there is only one road in the bottom so to get on top its a long hike, or a short ride a horseback. Good Luck...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom