Utah 2017

DIY

Well it's official. The Utah drawing is open and excepting applications. I hope this is the year that me and my 15 points draw the Paunsaugant any weapon tag. I remember the first year I applied for this tag, 19 long years ago. I drew it without any points. I was just shear luck. Then I waited my two years and then started applying. Maybe the Muley Gods will be shinning on me this year. OK, who else is applying and how many points do you have?
31058buck.jpg

31172buck2.jpg

That was back when the Muzzy season was in late October. The hunt ended well for me. I took a nice 207 gross typical frame 4X4 with trash on both sides. My hunting buddy took a 33 wide buck the same year. Beautiful heavy horned 4X4. I cannot wait to get back on the Pauns.

Know that I see those two bucks you posted up. I think I am not putting in for the Henrys and switching over to the Paunsaugunt !

I have 20 nr points. I hope to draw the pause this year.lots of years applying. I put in for the Henry's a few years. Hope this is my year. Good luck everybody on the draws.

Non Res with 12 points. Burning them on San Juan this year. Thought about throwing them at the Pauns or the Henry's but it really doesn't matter. Not enough points.

12 points for both deer and elk

xitnet: you must be very optomistic. I don't see a hunt that would have better than 2% odds with 12 points on the San Juan. And they could always decide to close the season at the last minute since it is now a monument.

But I will throw this out there. The reason our NR odds suck so much is that they let us apply for all species. It would at least double our odds of drawing any one species if they would do what they do for residents: make them apply for only one tag. Why do you think the residents don't get to apply for multiple species?? Because they don't want to.

And NRs are really only applying for 1 tag, because if we get pulled for any tag, we are out of the drawings for all other species tags. It is not legal to draw more than one LE tag

They could change it so that we could still apply for points (and they get the same money) but only 1 tag. That way our odds are much better. If you apply for every species out there, then your total odds of drawing any tag is slightly better than if they drop it to one. However, for people like me that only care about elk and deer, it actually lowers our total odds of drawing a tag

For example: lets say you are applying for and elk and a deer tag that both have a 5% chance of drawing vs. 1/2 the number of applicants drawing for 1 tag (10% odds). The chance of drawing a tag from the two drawings at 5% is less than 10% odds. That is the way numbers/ statistics work.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

NR with 11 points, might try to pull a mngmt tag in the paunsy. Would be a cool hunt even if I didn't shoot the biggest buck out there.

Would like to pass on a little CNN news. Anyone that applies for a Henry Mountain no-resident tag this year that has at least 15 preference points is guaranteed to draw. I know this sounds to good to be true. But what do you have to lose. And if you don't draw you will still get another PP for next year. When they run the same deal again next year, be sure to apply again. And if I draw my Pauns tag, rest assured that I will pass along any sightings of Monster Muleys. I mean who real wants to hunt all that flat rolling sage brush country when you can go to the Henry's and have grand vistas for you victory pictures. Just thought you all might be interested.

I swear on Hillary's bible that the above is true.

>Would like to pass on a
>little CNN news. Anyone that
>applies for a Henry Mountain
>no-resident tag this year that
>has at least 15 preference
>points is guaranteed to draw.
>I know this sounds to
>good to be true. But
>what do you have to
>lose. And if you don't
>draw you will still get
>another PP for next year.
>When they run the same
>deal again next year, be
>sure to apply again. And
>if I draw my Pauns
>tag, rest assured that I
>will pass along any sightings
>of Monster Muleys. I mean
>who real wants to hunt
>all that flat rolling sage
>brush country when you can
>go to the Henry's and
>have grand vistas for you
>victory pictures. Just thought you
>all might be interested.
>
>I swear on Hillary's bible that
>the above is true.

????

I have 11 deer points, going in for the Pauns. I know I have a .01% chance, but someone has to draw the tags, right?

I also have 14 moose and 11 bear as a resident of Utah

texhunter58 getting another 5% draw odds when you have to choose a species is not near as good as adding 1 tag to some of the le units it would maybe be 50% better odds,dont forget that utah res get almost all the tags on our fed lands, the odds may even be worse if all res and nonres were after all of the same tags. some will draw and most wont, I have 20 this season so Im better off than most but still not on top.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom