Utah info

jabber

Going to Vernal Utah this weekend to do some scouting for my sons hunt in Nov. Does anyone know anything about Vernal, hotels, motels, cafe's anything? Planning on getting there Friday evening.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-08 AT 12:29PM (MST)[p]Oh man...it's going to be hard to find a hotel. They are always booked by oilfield companies. But there is a Super 8, Motel 6, Best Western Antlers Inn, Weston Lamplighter and Weston Plaza, Split Mountain Motel, Dinosaur Inn, Econolodge, Day's Inn and probably a couple of others.

Eat prime rib dinner and then breakfast at the 7-11 Ranch Restaurant right in downtown Vernal (by the city building and across from Cobble Rock park). They've got an awesome Porky Steak dinner that is their own, tried and true sausage recipe smothered in homemade white gravy and cheese. It's sooo good. They have it for breakfast as well, of course, but with bisquits). Best Prime Rib in town too, but you can only get it on Friday nights. If you eat early breakfast at JB's, request Brandy as your server.

If you need a good greasy spoon type burger, go out to Maesar to Wimpy's (turn North at the light there by JB's and stay on that road...you'll pass Uintah High Shcool then see a 7-11 up past the school...Wimpy's is just past it on the left.)

Any other info you need?

Jenn

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-08 AT 12:14PM (MST)[p]Bobcatbess will rent you his basement for the week, he's cheap, cooks good meals and will guide you for pennies on the dollar!! ;-)

And if you tip him real good, he'll drive you around in that new Cummins belcher/Ferarri!! :p

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

As everyone else has said, hotels can be tough to get and they are not cheap. About 2 months ago I went and tried to get a hotel on monday for thursday that same week. The only opening I found was at the Holiday Innn Express for $240 a night!!! Needless to say I did not stay over.

Rooms are cheaper and more available it seems in Roosevelt. Might be worth it to stay there.

Actually I have heard that rooms are actually much more available over the weekend than during the week so maybe you will be alright.

Eww...no! Don't stay in Roosevelt. There is one decent hotel and the other two are total dives.

Take your chances on finding a room in Vernal. I'll bet you can find one. I forgot about the Holiday Inn Express. It's brand new. Haliburton usually has it booked though.

thanks for the info, that does help. Sounds like maybe I should stay closer to SLC tonight since I don't get in till late and then take the time on Sat. during the day and find a place for the rest of the weekend. Thanks.

Got any suggestions on where to find my son a bull in late novemeber inside the area bounded by the White River, Green River and the State line? Looking on the maps & google I was thinking out around the area on Blue Mountain between the Dinosaur National Monument and the State Line

>
>Got any suggestions on where to
>find my son a bull
>in late novemeber inside the
>area bounded by the White
>River, Green River and the
>State line? Looking on
>the maps & google I
>was thinking out around the
>area on Blue Mountain between
>the Dinosaur National Monument and
>the State Line

That's probably a good bet.

Man, I thought Texas had a lot of 4 wheelers. I believe every pickup I have seen in Utah has had at least 2 behind it.

Other than that, the areas I have seen are pretty nice.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom