Utah WOW!

Snuffy

I have never bought a auction tag but was looking at the list in the HF and Utah has about a page and a half.
I have seen post about the large number of auction tags but never payed attenion being from Colorado but WOW you guys are getting the short end, not to mention the NR. Since I do gather points in Utah I think I would almost save money going to some of your banquets and bidding on a tag.
My list is probably off but pretty damn close.

Elk-102 tags
Deer-35
Pronghorn-32
Desert Sheep-6
Rocky Sheep-4
Mountain Goat-6
Moose-7
Bison-3

Thank You
Rick

It definitely raises a lot of money for are state
My biggest problem with it is
Are mule deer numbers still suck
Fishing has gone to hell
Bird hunting is nonexistent
opportunity is few and far between
Yes were getting the short end.But somebody getting Rich

ITS ALL ABOUT MEAT-IN WITH THE TAXIDERMIST

"our"

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>Please post in utah forum next
>time thanks.

No I think this is the place to post this. We can serve as an example of how to screw your residents and destroy a heritage, but a bunch of rich guys can by pass waiting periods and never have to worry about a draw.

Auction tags may raise a lot of money for the state but so does general liscense sales. Show me actual benefit to the animals.

Its time to end this crap!

I think they should auction off all the LE tags. Why should they sell them for less than they're worth? Look at all the money the States are losing.

D13er, you durt bag!

Eel

it's not a 40 incher but it's closer than the last 40 incher you posted....

JB

>I think the money from those
>tags should be put into
>Utah schools.

Ridiculous idea. Why should the schools in Utah be supported by a "tax" on hunters? Are hunters the only people who have kids in Utah? After 1,043 threads here this winter on how bad the hunting is in the state, and you want to spend wildife conservation money on schools?

Politicians who don't give a rat's arse about wildlife are always trying to dip their sticky fingers into that big tempting pool of money raised by the purchse of hunting and fishing licenses, to pay for whatever special interest can't be funded from the General Fund. If Utah schools need more money, you can raise your mill levy and make everyone pay for them. Conservation and convention tag money shouldn't be going to schools, or roads, or social programs, or Don Peay's Roth IRA.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-11 AT 09:12AM (MST)[p]Aaron 84 I put this post here so people from other states can see what has happened in Utah.
I just hope that Utah will not become a model for the other states.
It is terrible to see that when you have a great resource mainly your Elk and the hardest to draw of all a Desert Bighorn tag that this is reconized and exploited for money.
I know I have been at the auctions even though I can not afford to bid on them but always got caught up in the excitment.
Utah is selling and raffling a total of 195 tags by my count
I would assume these tags are on top of what is allocated for the general draw system.
Then everyone wonders why the LE hunts are not as good as they used to be.
Thank You
Rick

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-11 AT 09:52AM (MST)[p]D13er
I say Tamato you say Tomato

ITS ALL ABOUT MEAT-IN WITH THE TAXIDERMIST

How does that compare to the number of landowner vouchers Colorado issues at no revenue to the state? Maybe they should auction some tags and buy access in alot of units I have hunted in Colorado.

Every state has flaws.

Don't you guys get it? It's all about the Lords and the Lady's Just like Europe in past centuries. The handwriting is on the wall, our way of life is changing right before our eyes. With bid tags, in the name of game management, we are selling our souls down the river. In the not to distent future, only the rich will be able to hunt and fish! WAKE UP SPORTSMEN !

Thanks, Brownie.

Manti LE elk. I hunted this before it went spike only and LE. We watched for years as it became a very good unit, to the point that it was on the verge of being the pahvant, monroe. THEN, in order to raise money a unit had to be sacraficed. This unit was DECIMATED by over tagging, THEN every Tom, #####, and Harry group was handed fist fulls of tags, every auction included numerous Manti tags. NOW, you see 2-3 good bulls a year. The largest LE unit in the state can only produce a few good bulls a year. HOWEVER, RMEF, MDF, SFW, etc. made a lot of money so thats good. The fact is this state will sell anything for money. If your group can guarantee a pile of cash they will do anything to accomidate you. To the point of hunting tame deer during the rut on an island (Antelope Island). Why the hell would you NR guys even deal with the draw? Just buy a tag, we have a CWMU system that makes it possible to not have to deal with the draw, you won't deal with a waiting period, and you can hunt to ruts. You just need to break out the wallet. Or come to Utah Feb. 3-6, for 5 dollars you can buy a chance at another pile of tags given to a group (SFW). But thats good because they have huge overhead costs and advertising to do. PLUS, Don Peay is the ONLY one in the state who can stop wolves, so he needs the cash. Just check google, there is no mention of any wolves in utah, not one sighting, not one dead one in the back of a gov trappers truck, not one livestock killed by wolf. SOOOO, the largest LE unit in the state went from near trophy status to a 5 year old unit due to overtagging BUT for that sacrafice we have an explosion of new habitat created by the groups given the tags, and no wolves. GOOD INVESTMENT if you ask me!!!!!

As far as wolf issue YEA RIGHT. The states in the process of cutting more tags for general hunts and yet even more tags for auction. Dont confuse a tax deductable option to bypass a waiting period with wanting to help a resourse. Let RMEF,SFW and the like buy or get donated tags and auction them off, people wanting to help the resource will still pay.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom