Waterfowl / Turkey Outfitter License

HayZeus

Very Active Member
I was just wondering what you all thought about these new proposals. They stopped these licenses in the late eighties. They said the outfitters would lease up all private lands thus stopping the public from ever gaining access that they might otherwise have a chance at. I have always been able to get permission from landowners to hunt but I can see how this could make that alot harder. Now instead of just a few people leasing up property we will have outfitters competing to get it driving up prices making it alot harder to ever get permission. It doesnt sound like a good thing to me. What are some of your opinions on it?

I would hate to see it happen but it doesn't affect me wither way. I don't hunt private property and I don't hunt turkeys and for the most part don't hunt waterfowl. Ron

it's an awful thing. on the idaho duck hunting chat forum it's causing quite the raucous.

i waterfowl hunt quite a bit. once farmer's figure out they can make 3g's/season/field after they harvest their corn, say good bye to a lot of your "locked down" properties. i mean, if you were the farmer, wouldn't you lease em out?

we should all definitely oppose this. the same thing has already happened with big game here and it's much worse in other states. my second cousins have a massive ranch a little north of riggins. we used to have access to hunt it, but now they lease it. i didn't even bother asking this year just out of respect to the paying hunters.

Isn't it already happening for waterfowl in Idaho. You can't get paid to guide, but their are "clubs" that lease land for some pretty high dollars now.

Certainly as hunter who doesn't own big tracts of land I am against it.

If I owned land I could lease and didn't hunt I would be for it.

At least in Idaho I can hunt Chukar on public land. I've never relied on private ground, though I have been lucky enough to gain access on occassion and enjoyed it.

yeah heavy hitters is like 6-8 grand/season i think. i've hunted their properties a few times with a buddy last season and this season, it wasn't worth a dollar, although i really appreciated the invite by my buddy.

i wouldn't say that ALL of the farmers around here have figured out their property worth in regards to bird hunting quite yet, at least not compared to other states from what i've heard. i think we are lucky in that aspect.

Anyone tried to hunt the properties south of Lowell I use to but got tired of competing with the "club". Its happening whether we like it or not.

Justin

For me, personally... I have no reason to hunt private land in Idaho, there is WAY to much public land available and if you do your homework you could have a great hunt for pretty much any type of wildlife you wish to pursue.

With that, growing up and hunting back east most of my life I do know the affects of leasing and I relied heavily on gaining access to private land in order to hunt. So, I can feel your pain if that is how you do most of your hunting, on the other hand, be happy that you have as much public land out here as you do because it leaves you several options should a place you like to hunt no longer be available to you. Back east, there isn't much public land, without a lease or access to private ground, the hunting would be pretty much obsolete.

Just my thoughts.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom