well what is it??lion?dog?

monroebnd

got this pic on my trail cam on private property in northern utah. Can't really tell if it is a mt. lion or what? thought it would be fun to see if anyone can figure it out. It is the only pic and a camera shooting the other way that would of caught it had dead batteries. Layne (i don't post photos much so let me know if it does not work.)

438photo.jpg

Don't know what the little black half hook is, but the rest looks like a deer walking out of the screen with it's tailslightly raised.

That does appear to be the tailend of a deer and that black hooked shape thing is something on the ground or just above the ground.

RELH

ha. I wondered if the apples would come into play. It is for sure a deer and he or she is closer than the other animal. Can kind of see the dirt kicking up behind deer as he is getting out of there. Just not sure if it is a mountain lion? maybe an adolescent one? Don't know what else has a tail that curls up like that.

It is a three toed sloth with a REALLY long front claw!

If it is a lion, it has seriously bad mange, for the tail to be that hairless and pointed.

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

It is a mountain lion which initiated its attack on the deer from the tall grass. It is a ways from the camera thus making it look smaller. Can tell the deer is just starting to run as it is seeing the lion coming from the tall grass. Probably check nearby, you could have a dead deer near by...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Now that somebody went all "CSI" on the photo enhancement, I might buy back in to the cat attacking the deer.......technology....who knew?

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

>Its not a mountain lion I
>called bess and he said
>we don't have mountain lions
>in utah.
>
>

>
>who farted?

Well Bucky!

c"ASS told me I was Wrong!

He seen them in Multiples!

Like in Gangs!

Still waitin for the Proof!

Never said we didn't have any!

Just not in the Numbers some people Boast!

8078cougar.jpg

What ever it is, both animals are there because of the bait.

Preditors are really learning to key in on the bait for an easy meal.

Every body is scratching there head and wondering what is happening to all the deer.

Could that be why some guys toss every trail camera they find into the thick brush?

My bad! I rember now you were talking cougars as in your signature line.
"There are no cougars in utah" your secrets safe with me ;-)

who farted?

Never thought of there being two there. I haven't had time to upload it to enhance it.
Not going to get baited ( pun intended) into a new fight on trail cams. Seen enough of them. Although I don't agree with people messing with them on even public land. I would hope people have respect for private lands. That being said I enjoy the pictures and will go stick flipping with or without comments. Last year even with cameras I went a whole month before I even took a shot and the buck I took had never been on my camera before. I hunt in Idaho as well and it is not legal so I do not use bait. When Utah makes it illegal I will comply. Relax people and enjoy a cool picture that leaves you wondering. I will check next time I am there for a carcass.

I think it a cat.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-13 AT 12:03PM (MST)[p]A Baboon was my first thought.
A Great Dane was my second thought.
Crazy Pic

RE: well what is it??lion ?dog?

lol all those pisscutter cats and not one booner. Need to cut tags i guess.

Maybe that was taken near the pilot doe survey that is being done and can explain why 90% of the 58/100 does that were transplanted have been killed by lions.

who farted?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-13 AT 10:45AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-13 AT 07:57?PM (MST)

These's cam pics were sent to me a few years back in a E-Mail. It said they were from somewhere around Soap Lake WA. They had a dead cow and wanted to see what was feeding on it and this is what they found.Some other guys were talking about a gang well here's a gang! POST #23

>Lol i just like to pull
>a cats tail once in
>a while. :D
>
>

>
>who farted?

Not one Damn Booner for sure!:D

JUDAS!

Who Stole c'ass's Pics?

8078cougar.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos