West desert west deer

Cam_c

Any good Rockhound spots that hold deer? ?

I assume, the biggest deer herd is deep creek, then Cedar Mt..
Anyone want to comment on other areas? PM me

Deerkiller.
Based on what I’ve seen from other threads, I assume your post is nothing more than a dig at desertranch, but talking about or suggesting it’s ok to shoot livestock out on the desert is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen posted for the whole world to see.

Sorry one ignorant person tried to highjack your thread Cam c. My family has ranched proudly for 130 years. We have done countless projects to benefit wildlife on public and private land. We Have faced floods, drought, fire, bad winters, Mormon crickets, inept BLM and USFS rangers, historically bad cattle prices, the Great Depression, and a bunch more challenges. We have survived all that and will continue for another century in spite of the best efforts of a domestic terrorist who frequents this site. I’d love to help you Cam c and will happily point you to a few spots where ya may find a buck or some cool
Minerals. Good luck

Thanks DesertRanch!
I’ve got thick skin, anytime you post on public forms you’re going to get some keyboard bully’s
It’s definitely been tough to be a rancher the last few years, maybe even the last hundred!

Sorry one ignorant person tried to highjack your thread Cam c. My family has ranched proudly for 130 years. We have done countless projects to benefit wildlife on public and private land. We Have faced floods, drought, fire, bad winters, Mormon crickets, inept BLM and USFS rangers, historically bad cattle prices, the Great Depression, and a bunch more challenges. We have survived all that and will continue for another century in spite of the best efforts of a domestic terrorist who frequents this site. I’d love to help you Cam c and will happily point you to a few spots where ya may find a buck or some cool
Minerals. Good luck
Sounds like you are surviving the Covid-19 epidemic too!
Keep them 100 plus year Ranches going. Big part of Utahs history.

Good luck Cam. I haven’t been out to the desert for probably 20 years or so and even back then, deer were pretty scarce. You might look all day until your eyes bled just to see one but we did occasionally turn up a nice buck. I can’t offer much advice other than that.
BTW, just ignore deerkiller. He seems to have issues with ranchers in general but he’s usually ok, maybe his therapist just needs to adjust his meds a little:)

We knew it wouldn’t be an easy hunt and not even too worried about tagging out. Time spent together is all that matters.
If we were starving and needed to fill the freezer we would have put in for a different unit, we are excited for the challenge!

We knew it wouldn’t be an easy hunt and not even too worried about tagging out. Time spent together is all that matters.
If we were starving and needed to fill the freezer we would have put in for a different unit, we are excited for the challenge!
My brother and I used to hunt out there. Not a lot of deer but some good ones. We never had any competition until the rifle hunt. Then in 2017 it was like a light switch. The deer that were there were just gone. It’s my opinion that they got poached. I have no proof of that but dang if they didn’t just disappear over night

My brother and I used to hunt out there. Not a lot of deer but some good ones. We never had any competition until the rifle hunt. Then in 2017 it was like a light switch. The deer that were there were just gone. It’s my opinion that they got poached. I have no proof of that but dang if they didn’t just disappear over night
Deer do get viruses and disease. I would bet it was something like that over poachers killing everything in sight. Then at that point, the predators keep the herd from growing afterwards.

Check the North Facing slopes and stay mobile. It’s sometimes hard to get away from people. The Deer are definitely not behind every tree and more often then not you won’t see a single deer...

@DesertRanch I know we have crossed paths out there over the years. I have a friends I have made over the years out there that is considered family. Be safe and wising you another 100 years plus on the Ranch.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom