Whatcha' hunting with this year? -- ??? of the Day

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Question of the Day -- What are you all hunting with this year. Rifle, bow, muzzleloader, handgun ..??

Just rifle and bow for me this year. I miss hunting with my muzzleloader. Haven't done it in a few years.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

Gonna try cow elk with the muzzy. Buddy is working on new peep sights for me right now. Never killed an elk with muzzy gear, hope to get er done. Will use rifle for local hunts when I get chance.

Archery deer in CA on a second choice tag, hopefully Archery deer in NV on a second draw tag, Late rifle in UT for bull elk, probably late season deer in AZ with an over the counter tag, didn't draw for Muzzle loader deer in UT this year this year. And my old stand by over the counter local So. Cal deer unit both archery and rifle, this one is more of a take your bow and rifle for a hike type hunt!

Archery and rifle deer in Missouri and if I don't fill my rifle tags, then the late muzzleloader hunt. Lots of waterfowl hunting as well. Montana general deer rifle, plus hopefully some upland birds and a turkey if I have time.

NRA Life Member

www.swanspointoutfitters.com

The critters have to win every time. I only have to win once.

25-06 30-06 300 Win Mag. Elk Oregon, Idaho, and Wyoming. All cow tags this year.

DZ

Muzzleloader for both general season deer and elk for myself. Don't get to hunt with the rifles much anymore unless I draw a special tag in state or out of state. That is with the exception of hunting bears in Idaho each spring with rifles.

Archery deer general unit Utah. Archery elk OTC Utah. Archery/Rifle Wyoming deer. Going to be pretty quiet for me.
Going to "volunteer" my help on a few hunts for friends.

Muzzleloader this year, first time using one for elk. Drew a NM unit 17 tag. Might do antelope in WY with a rifle also if I have time. Struck out on everything in Utah so no archery.

I only bowhunt....so that leaves my weapon choice the same. Nevada in August and Kansas in November.......with a sprinkling of local trips.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Should be a fun year.

Scoped White Whitetail 50 cal. in all the short range and general rifle seasons.
Open sights on White Whitetail 50 cal. in muzzleloader only seasons.
Scoped Rem 870 12 ga. slug gun for jump shooting whitetails on the late hunt at Salmon.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-15 AT 08:41PM (MST)[p]TX whitetail and pasture roaches (whatever floats my boat), OK geese (beretta or benelli 12ga) and never know about Colorado.

7MM Dakota- Wyoming Deer
280 Ackley- Utah Deer
257 Roberts- Idaho Deer
25-06-Doe Pronghorn

Daughter #1
270-Utah elk

Daughter #2
Muzzy deer
If that doesn't work....308;))

SS

Well, after shooting a pheasant with a Classic Crosman 760 Pumpmaster Air Carbine. I'm thinking of using a 102 Buck Woodsman 420HC Stainless Steel Knife.
Still getting my 7mm RUM to group. Got to have it ready for my oldest boy to shoot his first elk. Then it will be my turn. I'll be taking it in the Middle Fork Zone of Idaho for some long range wolf/deer hunts.
Archery and muzzleloader hunts are for the years the freezer is full. So, next year.

bow pigs and blackies on central cali.
rifle muley in northern cali..
ducks, geese and ditch chickens after that with
Mr Browning.
jester

LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-15 AT 03:17PM (MST)[p]Savage 50 cal Muzzy bull elk in Colorado in September
Barnett crossbow Kansas whitetails mostly in November
Beretta 12 ga pheasants in Kansas, doves in Texas
Rem 870 ducks in Texas
Weatherby 270 whitetails in Texas Nov-Dec
Savage 22-250 hogs, bobcats, coyotes, foxes and a few others in Texas year round

Archery Elk General OTC, if my shoulder holds out,Doc says no more scopes,time for a total rebuild. I'll try to make it a couple more seasons

No tags for me. :-(

Dad didn't get his WY tag either. He has a general season muzzy deer tag. I hope I can tag along on that hunt at least.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Southwest desert elk archery and general mule deer archery. I tried the general deer with a rifle in Utah one year and won't do that again.

Only drew a Deer tag this year in Wyo Region G....so will be taking my Savage 25.06 and backup Browning SSS in 280 Rem.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Early Rifle Deer for 22 Gonna be using 7mm wetherby, then pops drew a 22 rifle elk tag. He'll be using his .338 lapua in prep for his alaska brown bear trip in may as well.

-Cass

>Question of the Day -- What
>are you all hunting with
>this year. Rifle, bow, muzzleloader,
>handgun ..??
>
>Just rifle and bow for me
>this year. I miss hunting
>with my muzzleloader. Haven't done
>it in a few years.
>
>
>Brian Latturner
>MonsterMuleys.com
>LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

I am hoping to draw the coveted limited entry D13 dove tag.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

You guys are all to modern. Where's the spear and rocks. Or maybe crawl up to one and slit it's throat with a knife? Let's use some stealth. Actually I'm using a 243 SS mag. for blacktail's and a 300 S mag. for muley's.

All bow tags so far drawn---

Maybe I will pick up a Utah Leftover muzzy buck tag as it has been a few years since I used the T/C .50 cal

Robb

Golf clubs!

Still bummed I didn't draw WY. Been hunting up there 10years in a row now...not this year.

UT gen rifle deer
UT gen muzzy elk

That's it

I'm in the dedicated hunter program here in Utah so I'll likely use all 3(bow,muzzy,rifle) but hope to get it done with the bow or muzzy. I'm going to do the Utah GS archery elk hunt as well. Hope to get to use my rifle if I draw a coues tag in AZ. I should draw the Utah Plateau doe antelope tag as well but I haven't made up my mind on what weapon to use yet but am leaning towards the muzzleloader.
I had the tag 2 years ago and swore I'd never do that hunt again after almost being shot TWICE by morons who think their snipers! But somehow some friends convinced me to put in with them so if we draw I'll spend my time in the timber where the antelope end up after being chased for miles by trucks loaded with guys flinging lead at groups of running antelope at over 1000 yards!

Primarily with my boots (Kenetrek) and optics (Swaro and Vortex).

But my wife is going to use her Savage 7mm-08 for Nevada deer.

I'm using my Savage 7mm Rem Mag for Nevada deer.

And I'm using my Browning .338 Win Mag for Az elk.

Since I was only entered in my home state for elk and deer, I guess I won't need to pack this in my hunting gear/supplies this year! But I'll still tag along on a deer hunt or elk hunt with family/friends when time comes!:)
24tagsoup.jpg

AZ 13B but I don't know yet if I drew the rifle tag or archery.
Then waterfowl in the Aleutians shooting an A-5
After that archery and muzzleloader for axis deer in Hawaii.
And finishing the season with a rifle hunt for tahr in NZ.

God willing ;)

All three! I have a WA multi season deer tag which allows us to hunt all three weapons during their respective seasons. I'm going to try and get myself a big ole early season muley with my bow. If not, I'll be using the muzzy, then rifle if need be. I also drew a late season whitetail permit in WA. But I'm not going to let even a nice mule deer walk early, just so I can go hunt a runty rat deer late. I also will be hunting a general elk tag here in WA with my muzzy. Not much expected here. Then, I'll be back up in my favorite spot in WY chasing a big old white face muley with my trusty short mag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom