What's everyone using to video game animals

I use a small camera with 3 or 4x zoom and build my own adapter so I can film through my spotting scope. If I didn't want to build my own adapter I would buy a scope cam adapter from Tines Up. I personally would rather spend more money on a nicer camera and build an adapter. My new Sony Rx100ii will be here in the next couple of days and I will start building my adapter.

The super zoom cameras are easier to use but I don't think the footage is as good at long distances. The Nikon P900 is nice and so is the Canon Sx60hs.
Phoneskopes are good if you are close not so good if you are very far away.

[font face="verdana" color="green"]
Jake Swensen

I use a Panasonic HDC-TM80 and a Canon Rebel T3. The Panasonic is tiny, but it has been good to me. I am planning on putting my TM80 on a Solvid system that straps on my head and get a new video camera to put on my tripod. I recommend you get a high quality tripod no matter which camera you get or have.

I enjoy filming hunts almost as much as I enjoy hunting.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

To film long distances I use a digital camera and a spotting scope with homemade adapter and/or a phoneskope, which I just got and works great with my S6 phone. I also have a few Panasonic camcorders which I use on the Solvid head cam mount, tripod, and/or in my hand. The camcorders have up to a 90X zoom which works very well. Below is a Film It Yourself mule deer hunt I created last year, all by myself in some nasty country. It shows all of these tactics, minus the PhoneSkope. I got very lucky to get the deer, let alone some of the footage. Sometimes it just works out!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-16 AT 08:03PM (MST)[p]Phone Skope and sam gs5. Looking through swaroski 65 or 80.

I'm using a Nikon S6800 point and shoot camera with a homemade scope adapter and my 20x-60x spotter.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom