Whats the law?

Coyote_chaser

My dad is going to come with me on my ID antelope hunt this weekend. Finally talked him into it. I was just curious, he loves to hunt coyotes and I was going to have him bring his gun so we get a little coyote hunting in. Is it illegal for us to have two rifles in the truck if I am the only one with a tag? He is concealed carry if that would make any difference. Thanks

CC

If he is going to hunt coyotes in idaho he has to buy a hunting license or a non-game license. If he has the hunting license I see nothing illegal with him having a gun also.

Yes, he needs a valid hunting licence to hunt coyotes in Idaho. However, you can have as many guns in your truck as you want. Their is no law against it. I like to go shoot several of my rifles in the back country to prepare for hunting season, and normally do not have a hunting licence yet. Anyone can go out and shoot their rifles and carry one in their vehicle without a concield weapons permit as long as they have no felony charges that state they cannot have a weapon, ect.

I'm not saying your dad is- I'm just kinda hi-jacking the thread for 2 seconds- but what if the person is mentally unstable? I mean that should cause some concern(having fire arms around a crazy person -not the best idea!)

but are there any legal issues with the mentally un-well, and firearms. What if they are on/off their meds, does the law distinguish?
48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

"just thought i'd ask a crazy question!"

Tag, you really shouldn't talk about yourself in the third person. :)
Sent you a pm.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-08 AT 03:38PM (MST)[p]Ok i got my PM!
here's my reply to your PM...i'll keep it in the forum as i'm not worried what anyone thinks of me or my family. Noones oppinions in here mean a crap to me. anyway my reply to you!

I dont know why you reacted this way, but i dont mind explaining it to you.
Because i DO know a lot about chemically imbalanced folk i am comfortable enough to make fun of them, as i make fun of ALL folks. I aint singled any one person, or type of people. If you took my post personal, thats on you, i meant it as a legit question, as my cousin has been hospitalized a couple times before and we were actually going up to the idaho side of bear lake next week. I did just find out in that post that he needs a license and know i want to know if anyone knew whether or not there were a law against him carrying a gun.His mother says he's been really good this past month while he's been on his meds, so i hope that if there is a law they distinguish between on meds and off meds. Maybe you know if they do or dont?

and one last thing, i'm sure he'd appreciate you trying to stick up for his crazy little azz!
48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

*edit... i want everyone to know that i love my cousin like a brother and he is very special to me and we do joke about it and life is too short to b!tch about all our bad breaks, he's moving on as best he can with his life instead of dwelling on it.

Funny you should say he is moving on because that is exactly what I told you I was trying to do and make good of some bad situations.
Act what way? I just told you if someone in your family, which seems to be the case, is ill, don't make fun of them. I'm glad you have that relationship with your cous', but you don't have that relationship with other people. Most folks don't. Just my .02.
Yes, he can carry a rifle and any other firearm known to man if he so chooses, unless he is on a mental hold by LE or has a felony in which he cannot. Its great he is getting out! Does the body good to get some fresh air and get the mind off of the big stuff for a while.
I PMed you for your privacy. Don't take the PM the wrong way. I hope he stays healthy and its nice to see that his family is looking out for him. Get him a big critter to look at on the wall! Good luck with you and your cousins hunt!

Thank you for the info. on it being legal, as i dont believe he has a Hold on him.

I asked the question for my personal knowlege, i certainly wasn't trying to call into question you or your struggles with what cards life has given you. I also didn't take the PM "the wrong way" but if i was gonna get my azz chewed for what YOU thought i was implying, i wanted the response to be for everyone to see that it wasn't the case.

As for having that kind of relationship with him and being able to joke about it...Its a good thing. As for not having that kind of relationship with others, i personally dont care. I'll say what i say how i say it, thats just me. It gets me some looks when i'm at work sometimes when i have to tell fat people my job wouldn't be so difficult if they weren't so fat... its true, do they argue?NO. does it make them feel bad, i hope bad enough that they go do something about it before i have to work with them again!

there's too much politically correctness in this country, we (as a generalized majority) have to walk on egg shells so as not to offend a POS minority.....not in my house,sister!

i'll use a favorite quote of mine, may-be you'll know who said it originally. "...well I'm 5th generation dont give a sh!t..."

Well enough of that...again thanks fore the info, and i do hope that the road your on leads to happiness and lots of LE tags that get filled.
48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

JD McPhie

>there's too much politically correctness in
>this country, we (as a
>generalized majority) have to walk
>on egg shells so as
> not to offend a
>POS minority.....not in my house,sister!
>
>
>i'll use a favorite quote of
>mine, may-be you'll know who
>said it originally. "...well
>I'm 5th generation dont give
>a sh!t..."

Tag, you sure do have a way with words! You are a poet of sorts. LOL! And, You are 100% correct!

The more people I meet the more I like my dogs

just a thought, just cause someone has mental issues does that mean they cant safely use a gun in a safe way? I wont get into the whys and the hows other then i served in iraq saw one my friends die and have mental issues...i always will...I am prob safer then 90 percent of the people that buy a hunting license...its a case by case thing. Just remember you can never ever know what is going on in another persons head...thats the hardest thing to deal with.

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom