Who's Ready for Rifle Opener??

huntinguy

Me I'm mostly ready. Did some hunting and scouting of new areas during the muzzleloader. Getting pumped up for the rifle opener this weekend. I will be hunting in southern Utah.

What about you- where you hunting? Any prospects? What do you do to prepare?

Good luck!

Leaving for Vernon tomorrow....already got one put to bed by Mossback. LOL

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

I think I will sit the openner out and go keep tabs on this buck at vernon. for next year. Then I will head to southern utah for the rifle or take off back out to Nevada. But a good luck to all you rifleman.

Don't really know how anybody could or would be ready/Excited for "Orange Everywhere"?

I'll be there!

I'll be above & beyond most Hunters and Deer!

Or maybe I'll just Road Hunt this year!:D

Hello Mr. Wisz,This is the UDWR Calling....LMMFAO!
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

"Don't really know how anybody could or would be ready/Excited for "Orange Everywhere"?"

True, but some do put the smack down on nice deer every year on the opener.

I'll be down by Fish Lake dressed in my favorite Halloween colors. We've been able to get away from the crowds by getting 300 yards off the roads. Most guys would call it 2 miles! haha
Zeke

For the first time in 12 years, I will be out there dressed in Orange on the opener. Sounds like it's going to be some great weather. I think I'm looking for the first nice looking tree I can lean up against and spend the day! :)

It's always an adventure!!!

Had planned to be in the Bookcliffs (as an observer) most of next week but issues at work will keep me in town. Saturday, I think I'll go golfing. I have already put my pumpkin suit away for the year.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-18-12 AT 11:35PM (MST)[p]Zeke I will be up to Fish Lake ! Watch for a white ford f 250 . We will be wear our orange ...trick or treat !
I could post a picture of my truck...but then huntinguy may find out who I am .

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-12 AT 10:21AM (MST)[p]The rifle opener is one of my favorite times of the year. I don't have a rifle tag this year, but we do have three tags in our family and I will be helping them. I like to count shots when the shooting starts. The most I have ever counted from a single hunter was 15, but that was during this years spike hunt; he shot a cow.

Shoot straight and post pictures when you tag out.

Dillon

When I was a "tike" the deer opener was one big party! People everywhere and deer running all over the place. For the first hour it sounded like war had broken out and shooting continued all through the morning.
That was before scopes, range finders,guns shooting more than 300 yds, 4 wheelers, trail cameras, pre-season scouting, etc. etc.
Now if I hear a dozen shots opening morning, I figure it has been a good opener.
Kind of sad, but in most ways, we hunters are to blame for that.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-12 AT 11:09AM (MST)[p]"but in most ways, we hunters are to blame for that"

True words there, LB. Talked with my Dad last year about the deer herd when they were proposing the micro-buck-management and he said "Outlaw scopes and rangfinders and you'll solve the buck issue".

I am looking forward to the 3 hr, In-the-Dark hike with my young sons as we look for a buck for my 13yo. Buck numbers have been up where I have been this year. Hope to have a great day afield and if he shoots one then it will be all the better. Having no tag would have meant staying home.....

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom