Wife's '09 WY Antelope

wyo_bulls

Got back from our quick weekend goat hunt. My wife connected on a good goat and I came home empty handed. Probably head back down and try to better my wife so I don't have to listen to her about who the better hunter is, lol!

4aca4ee153383876.jpg

Congrats to your wife on a very nice Lope, so now the pressure is on you. Only 7 more till I start looking for them too there in WY.

Brian

Congrats to your wife... That thing has some monster diggers.
redelkarcher>>>---------------->

Great goat!!! ......just tell your wife what I told mine..."You had a better Guide!"
Congrats to your wife!!

That's a really good goat. Have a score, out of curiosity?

Between your bull and her buck, you guys are doing quite well this year.

Very nice buck!! Congrats to her!
What weapon did she use?
Score guess?
I am terrible at it but I love trying to guess those critters scores, I'm gonna say 15" horns and upper 70's for score?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-09 AT 08:43AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-09 AT 08:35?AM (MST)

Yes, we have had a good year so far, can't believe it and I still have a goat tag and we both will be chasing whitetails come November yet, hope the luck keeps coming!!! I have yet to get a tape on the bugger, but I would guess he will go around 80, he has good mass above the prongs so that will help out. Let you all know what it scores once we put the tape on it. All she uses for hunting is a Winchester model 70 .270 with 130 gr bullets, she is pretty deadly with her rifle.

Great buck, I would think it would make 80. congrats to your wife. I don't know if its all the moisture we got during their growing season or what, but big cutters are everywhere. Makes it hard to pick out the small from the big.

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-09 AT 09:28AM (MST)[p]Well guys I missed this one, I was thinking around 80 as a gross but his mass surprised. Below are the measurements and now I just cost me some money as she wants it on the wall instead of a European mount now!

Left Horn Right Horn

Length ? 15 1/8 Length - 15

D-1 - 7 1/8 D-1 - 7 1/8

D-2 - 6 6/8 D-2 - 6 6/8

D-3 - 4 4/8 D-3 - 4 2/8

D-4 - 3 1/8 D-4 - 3

Prong- 6 Prong - 5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

41 14/8 : 40 9/8 :

Green Gross Score- 83 6/8

LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-09 AT 09:44AM (MST)[p]All she uses for hunting is a Winchester model 70 .270 with 130 gr bullets, she is pretty deadly with her rifle.
That is pretty much all the great hunting writer Jack O'Connor used for decades and he did just fine!

I was thinking bigger than you had previously mentioned because of the mass, but I am not the greatest judge of pronghorn score. He looks huge, and yes, any animal pushing the book has to go on the wall, especially if it belongs to the little lady!
Way to go!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom