would you

A

aepadil

i was on my antelope hunt this weekend and by the way didnt get one but did have a good time with my son,but anyway we were on a county rd headed to our ranch to hunt and decided since it was early to take a drive since it was our first time hunting antelope we werent 500 yds from the turnoff to the ranch when a game and fish officer came behind us and issued us a citation for hunting the wrong ranch last time i checked the state owned the rd he said we were hunting the wrong ranch you cant argue with them would you fight it

I would call the main office for sure and see if there was anyway to protest the citation. Just out of curiosity what part of the state were you in and what was the officers name?

Sounds familiar...pm me please with the location and name..if you would.

Darn right I would fight it,there are not so good CO's out there just like any other profession

If you were in your truck driving down a road, you were NOT "hunting", so how could you be hunting the wrong ranch?!?!?!?!!!

However, if you were out of the truck and over a fence out of the road right of way carrying a rifle and were caught on the wrong ranch then pay the fine and let your son slap your hand. (I know this isn't the case, but wrote it for clarification)

Driving down a road can not be defined as "hunting" until you pull the trigger.

To answer your question, Darn skippy I would fight it!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-11 AT 05:18PM (MST)[p]I would fight it because it is your Second Amendment of the United State Constitution and is part of the United States Bill of Rights which protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. This was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. The Game and Fish have no right to do anything to take this Amendment away from you. Secondly, the road being a county road they would need a reason to stop you. I would fight it and contact the main office and talk to the director or acting director. Good luck and sorry that happened.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

"The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, 1788, Initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights, Walter Bennett, ed., Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republican, at 21,22,124 (Univ. of Alabama Press,1975)..)

82291034skill.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-11
>AT 05:18?PM (MST)

>
>I would fight it because it
>is your Second Amendment of
>the United State Constitution and
>is part of the United
>States Bill of Rights which
>protects the right of the
>people to keep and bear
>arms. This was adopted on
>December 15, 1791, along with
>the rest of the Bill
>of Rights. The Game and
>Fish have no right to
>do anything to take this
>Amendment away from you. Secondly,
>the road being a county
>road they would need a
>reason to stop you. I
>would fight it and contact
>the main office and talk
>to the director or acting
>director. Good luck and sorry
>that happened.
>
>"Americans have the right and advantage
>of being armed - unlike
>the citizens of other countries
>whose governments are afraid to
>trust the people with arms."
>(James Madison, The Federalist Papers
>#46 at 243-244)
>
>"The Constitution shall never be construed....to
>prevent the people of the
>United States who are peaceable
>citizens from keeping their own
>arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and
>Proceedings in the Convention of
>the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)
>
>
>"To preserve liberty, it is essential
>that the whole body of
>people always possess arms, and
>be taught alike especially when
>young, how to use them."
>(Richard Henry Lee, 1788, Initiator
>of the Declaration of Independence,
>and member of the first
>Senate, which passed the Bill
>of Rights, Walter Bennett, ed.,
>Letters from the Federal Farmer
>to the Republican, at 21,22,124
>(Univ. of Alabama Press,1975)..)
>
>
>
82291034skill.jpg

Well said!! I would fight it all the way!! The only way you would be in the wrong, was if you were out of your truck shooting at a antelope or when he stopped you and asked what you were doing you said " I'm hunting this area" Or you told him you were on your ranch. There is no way In hell I would pay the fine and let it be. I have personally had to put a ranger in their place. I have been stopped with a rife in my possession with out a valid hunting license before. I told the officer It was my right to carry at all times! He gave me a ton of attitude and said YOU BETTER NOT LET ME CATCH YOU SHOOTING AT ANY ELK!! and then drove off. So fight it all the way!

Oh that never happens in NM!

A landowner or outfitter called in, and said this guy is on the wrong ranch etc.

Of course, Code Red, and they are on the way with a swat team.

Draw an off range Oryx tag, and see how many public access gates are locked. Call in, and see if they come a runnin!

I don't know why I haven't been hauled off to jail. Every time a warden checks me and asks what I'm doing I always answer the same way. I simply say "I'm poaching!". I never crack a smile either. Guess I just have a bad attitude when it comes to game wardens but then again I think I have a bad attitude period on certain days. Depends on which day of the month it is.

Who knows dude maybe the game wardens wife was on the rag. In which case just pay the fine and buy the guy a beer.

Just think of all the people driving down the highway with tags and guns in their rigs that could be given citations...

J

THE THING IS WE DIDNT EVEN HAVE BULLETS IN THE GUNS DID HE CHECK NO SO MAYBE HE WAS ON THE RAG GRADE A A..HOLE AND THEY WONDER WHY NO ONE LIKES THEM AND I DONT MEAN ALL OF THEM IVE RUN INTO A COUPLE COOL ONES

Fight it, not even a question in my mind. The NM game and fish officers need to know there place. Take it to court and after you win ask him if he wants the citation back as a reminder not to be a dumbass next time. Then roll it in to a little ball and tell him where to stick it.

i was going to go down there but my buddy that was with me said he wouldnt have time to go so i sent in my paperwork saying i woulnt be going down there in the end i have to py 275.00 but was talking to a customer at work and apparently they the game and fish got orders to write as many as tickets if they want to keep there jobs thats why people get written up for bull sh t .what pisses me off the most is we had our kids with us .and my son kept asking me when we where back in the truck questions on what was going on.of course i lied and said nothing was wrong.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom