WY Outiftter Busted !!

jodog

Very Active Member
CHEYENNE ? Several members of a ranching family near Ten Sleep could face decades of jail time and millions in fines for allegedly allowing out-of-state hunters to tag wildlife with their Wyoming landowner hunting permits, according to a federal indictment.

Richard ?R.C.? Carter, owner of Big Horn Adventure Outfitters, allegedly took more than a dozen hunters out on his family?s property from 2003 to 2009 to kill elk, deer and antelope.

Richard Carter Sr. and Mark Carter ? R.C.?s father and younger brother respectively ? allegedly used their own tags on the animals shot and falsely claimed in affidavits that they killed them.

R.C. and Mark Carter then helped to transport the animals back to the hunters? homes in other states in violation of federal law, the indictment alleges.

R.C. Carter charged between $3,000 and $7,500 per hunter and/or per hunt for his services, not including tips, according to the indictment. However, the indictment states that Carter occasionally bartered or exchanged guided hunts for advertising, client referrals and guided fishing trips.

The Carters procured so many landowner tags, the indictment states, because in 2004 they subdivided their property into eight 160-acre parcels, so that they and members of their family could receive a landowner elk and antelope license for each parcel.

If convicted, R.C. and Mark Carter each could face up to 55 years in prison as well as fines of up to $2,750,000. Richard Carter Sr. could receive up to five years in prison, as well as a $250,000 fine.

R.C. Carter declined comment, saying he didn't want to discuss the case before talking with his lawyer.

Two hunters who hired R.C. Carter as a guide, Steve Farah and Matt Robinson, were also indicted for allegedly shooting wildlife without a license and illegally transporting the animals back to their home state of Oregon. Robinson was accompanied by his father, James, who was previously indicted.

Farah could receive up to 15 years in prison, as well as a $750,000 fine, if convicted; Matt Robinson could face up to 10 years? prison time and a $500,000 fine.

The case is scheduled to go to trial Jan. 9 in Casper.

Hope they do the full time.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I don't understand why they would do this illegally...?? Couldn't they have legally sold the landowner tags to out-of-state hunters..??

I think they should do the time for just "subdividing" their land in order to get more tags... That is really taking advantage of a system meant to help out landowners...

I hope they get what's comin to them. They sound like low lives to me...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Prediction! I doubt if they get much beyond probation. The Wyoming law system is ran by ranchers who have all the political power that they don't divy out to oil companies. I know these are Federal indictments but working through Wyoming officials, I still doubt they will face serious prosecution.

Not condoning what was done, but it looks like the gov't singled out two of the "clients", when it states that dozens of people were guided and killed animals illegally.

They were charged federally and will do time. This was posted a while ago. I think they were all indicted in May or July by a federal Grand Jury in Wyoming.

I agree, Wyoming won't do much but these guys (all involved) certainly deserve it. The federal government will be more severe.

I'm 60; almost everyone my age "party hunted" when we were young, because that's just how it was. I still have guilt from time to time. No money involved...just meat hunting and the best shot, shot the most deer.

These bums are stealing and selling our wildlife. Fifty five years and millions may be strong but I hope whatever the penalty is, it forces them to sell the property to pay it. That would be fitting and they'd not be able to do it again.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Given that the property was used as tool to commit the crimes, it seems like it should be seizeable...

They probably won't go to jail, but they'll pay. They just had a blurb in the paper the other day about a guy who shot a bull elk on a cow tag near Ten Sleep. I was wondering if he was tied in with these clowns after reading the article. That guy got fined $35,000, lost his hunting privledges, got probation and I think community service through the state. The laws are there, it all depends on who the judge is and how much caffine he had or didn't have in his morning coffee.

Hang em high with a short rope!

[font color = red size = red size = 10 face ="face"]TAKE NOTE:MY SIGNATURE WON'T PLEASE EVERYBODY SO DON'T EVEN READ BELOW IF YOU'RE EASILY OFFENDED BY EVERYDAY BS ON MM[/font]

Licenses in that area aren't terribly hard to procure. They could've run a legitimate businesses with a little hard work. Dumbazzes.

It's a federal indictment.Wyoming judges will have no say-so in this case.However,I do like the sizeable fines!Maybe some jail time as well!Wyoming lawmakers could learn something from this.Probably not,though.This bothers me much less than winter range trophy poaching,however.Fines for that offense should be much worse than they are.The fines and possible jail time for these lowlifes should be equal to winter range trophy poaching,IMO.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom