X9C from Nevada

aluey

Looking to hunt x9c from the Nevada side. If anyone has info on routes, base camp sites, or special concerns, I would appreciate it. Have had good success in x12 and d9 if you want to trade. Pm's cool.
Thanks
Aaron

You may want to do a little more map research and rethink that idea.

While there are some access routes into the unit from the Nevada side, there is VERY little civilization, almost no commercial facilities and marginal cell phone reception in that area.

Campsites would be primitive at best and emergency services are going to be many hours away, should that need arise.

Some locals have done it for years with pack stock and support team.......but it is a long learning process. Trails are animal track only and there is NO Forest Service presence.

Water sources are almost nonexistent.

Any way you play it, you will be a serious full day afoot before you enter the unit at an elevation that would hold deer.........and many miles back to your truck packing a deer in probable 80 deg temps.

I doubt you could even find a guide in the area with the necessary experience to get you in and out ....and have a successful hunt.

But hey!.....don't let me spoil your adventure.

Now, just so you know, you can drive in from the West side of the unit, be all the way on top of the mountains and actually not see another hunter for days, if you plan properly.

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

Depends on where you want to hunt. We stay at cotton wood creek.
dyer is not to far for gas or food. But I hunt with a couple of buddies that are indians, so we track. It is tough hunting, but there are some decent deer there.

I know the areas north of 168 can be hunted by coming in from Nevada. Indian creek and red mtn are two areas I hunted 35 years ago. Bring extra spare tires you will use them.

Bill

Should have stuck with X12, you jackass! That unit is crawling with forked horns. LOL! I've got some good info on Nevada area 10 if you ever draw the muzzy tag. :)

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

Thanks for the info...probably gonna look into coming in from the north of the unit, but Dyer, nv may be an option. @ Wizard, I hope for your sake that Vernon tag is either sex cause you ain't gonna find any bone.
Aaron

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom