Youth deer hunt in 20c questions

tailgunner

Hey guys: I'm an out of stater and my 10 year old son drew his first deer tag in 20c,in late november.I'm not sure what to expect or where to look.I'm not looking for any secert spots or huge deer just a starting point and an idea of what we should expect.I hunt and do some guiding in NM and would be glad to return the favor.Thanks for any help Jeff

Not an area im familiar with but if you go to azgfd.com you can read where in that unit to hunt..rememebr your not the only one reading it.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-10 AT 10:58AM (MST)[p]Jeff, there is a youth camp going on in unit 42 right below 20C at the same time. Craig Heath the WM and RL put it on and they will go over maps and work hard to get kids on deer. I'm sure they know 20C as well. This will be my first year helping there so I'm no help in that area personally. In the 23 camp a couple weeks ago there were youths from unit 22 also. Some just made the trip over to open maps and get info, dinner, ect. didn't have to camp there. This will be your best bet, even to just stop by at midday or for dinner of an evening. All kids are helped.

http://www.thearizonahunter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5165

Info here on location and if you want to ask questions.

Kent

LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-10 AT 02:06PM (MST)[p]Well, I don't want to be negative or anything, but you were asking what to expect and here it is: the Late 20C hunt last year was the 2nd worst deer hunt success IN THE WHOLE STATE= 10%. That sir, is very bad. 1 in 10 people!?

That being said, we hunted there several years in a row a decade ago and got deer every year. Higher deer populations were in higher elevation, the big bucks were down lower. Not an uncommon pattern in this great state of AZ!!

Goodluck on the hunt!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom