Zane cwmu

Aaron1984

Any one have pics of the buck pronghorn takin over the weeken on the Zane cwmu? I was told he was close to 17" tall. I saw two nice pronghon bucks out there tonight. Kind of funny watching them fight while a yearling buck sneaks in and mounts their doe's.

I went over to Matt's shop and talked to his son Jessie who said he had a picture on his cell phone, but it didn't do the antelope justice. He was correct! It was at a bad angle and didn't show the curl, nor the length of the prongs. It actually looked like a dink, though it does have mass, but Jessie said it was 16 1/2", though he didn't know the score. He also told me that it turned out to be one of his cousins who drew the public tag, which they were thrilled about. I'm guessing that the hunter had a lot of points and had some heads up from Matt that the buck was there, so why not try for it. I'm also guessing that the cousin/nephew may have gotten a private tag if he didn't draw the public tag. Matt and Jessie are deer (and elk) hunters, but they know a good pronghorn when they see one.

I'm sorry about not having a picture, but I'll take Jessie at his word. It's a good one!

Why does this need to be in the Utah forum? It's under general hunting. If you don't like it when someone post under a general forum, about Utah then simply don't look at it. Problem solved. Seems to be a bunch of negative ball babies on the website. I remember when it was a place to share stories and ask questions. Now it's all about who has the bigger pen15. One of the reason I stopped coming here. And spending more time on huntersfix.com. No drama over there.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-13 AT 07:27PM (MST)[p]The only 2 pics I have don't do it justice but its a great goat. FYI it was the woman that shot it. It also was the public tag she drew

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom