Zone for BackPack hunt

m_freeman

Besides the draw zones (Xx) which OTC tag zones in CA offer enhanced odds for a bigger and more bucks by backpacking in? I figure you can't use the DFG success stats for packing in as they include all the day walkers and road hunters as well.

B zone tags are OTC and there are several wilderness areas to choose from. If you need any more help send me a PM, I will help as much as possible.

CABugle

>B zone tags are OTC and
>there are several wilderness areas
>to choose from. If you
>need any more help send
>me a PM, I will
>help as much as possible.
>
>
>CABugle

CA bugle please PM me with info, I tried to PM you but it doesn't work. Looking for about a week long backpack into an area that at least holds reasonable amount of deer. General Rifle tag.

See my post on the Trinity Alps. There are several areas that burned in 06 and/or 08. Thats where i'd go with a pack. I'm staying away from those areas because with stock and a 5 year old burn, the blowdowns will impossible to navigate. BUT with a backpack, I would focus on them.

I went on a web site ran by the USFS out of Weaverville. Typed in "Trinity Alps Trail report." It lists all of the trails in the Alps. Speaks to their condition, snow level at the time, etc. 2 of the major access points were hit with fire in 06, one burned again in 08.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom