012-014 archery antelope tag on FCFS

Congrats!! Awesome tag in some of my favorite country. Plenty of animals to keep an archery hunter busy. Don’t forget to look way up high for them as well as out in the flats and dry lakebeds. I’ve seen herds of antelope at over 8000’ elevation here in western NV.—-SS

Congrats!! Awesome tag in some of my favorite country. Plenty of animals to keep an archery hunter busy. Don’t forget to look way up high for them as well as out in the flats and dry lakebeds. I’ve seen herds of antelope at over 8000’ elevation here in western NV.—-SS
Thanks brother!

I know who turned that tag in, he wanted to hunt bad but his boss had different plans… He’s just starting out and didn’t have choice.

I’ve got the tag myself but I’m currently over in the eastern part of the state trying to make some cow elk meat but it’s not working out too well…. Elk are winning big time!

I have a spot for antelope we found after several days of scouting and will get there as soon as possible.

That said, the units aren’t the same they were 20-30 years ago and there aren’t nearly the number of antelope there once was. Prime areas I’d see 100s of antelope in are now empty, other than an occasional sighting or a track here and there. There are a lot of cattle in the northern part and we some horses but not as many as expected.

I‘m hoping the OP is having or had a successful hunt!

I know who turned that tag in, he wanted to hunt bad but his boss had different plans… He’s just starting out and didn’t have choice.

I’ve got the tag myself but I’m currently over in the eastern part of the state trying to make some cow elk meat but it’s not working out too well…. Elk are winning big time!

I have a spot for antelope we found after several days of scouting and will get there as soon as possible.

That said, the units aren’t the same they were 20-30 years ago and there aren’t nearly the number of antelope there once was. Prime areas I’d see 100s of antelope in are now empty, other than an occasional sighting or a track here and there. There are a lot of cattle in the northern part and we some horses but not as many as expected.

I‘m hoping the OP is having or had a successful hunt!
We’re heading out Friday!
I had the tag 2 years back and I tagged out with a nice 72” buck! What unit are you in for elk??

IMG_0839.jpeg

We’re heading out Friday!
I had the tag 2 years back and I tagged out with a nice 72” buck! What unit are you in for elk??

Good luck on your hunt! How long will you be there?

I’m in 221-223 for cow elk. Tons of feed and water and not a high density of elk due to 5 years of drought and a hard winter last year has made it tough. Add in a full moon that was rising at sunset and stayed up all night plus 2” of rain the first three days and it’s been harsh. I did have 7 bulls come to water and there were cows within a few miles of the spring but they’re either watering at night or at the bottom of the mountain. Last year I had a spike tag in 221 and couldn’t find a spike but this hunt I’ve seen 5 in 222 and had 3 come to the tank. Last night I had a huge 6x7 come in, he was 350 minimum and might’ve been pushing 370. I’ve also been trying spot and stalk, some lost calf calls and have looked in other areas without luck. I’ve been here 10 days and need to go home for a few days, then I’ll head up for antelope, most likely on Sunday.

Good luck on your hunt! How long will you be there?

I’m in 221-223 for cow elk. Tons of feed and water and not a high density of elk due to 5 years of drought and a hard winter last year has made it tough. Add in a full moon that was rising at sunset and stayed up all night plus 2” of rain the first three days and it’s been harsh. I did have 7 bulls come to water and there were cows within a few miles of the spring but they’re either watering at night or at the bottom of the mountain. Last year I had a spike tag in 221 and couldn’t find a spike but this hunt I’ve seen 5 in 222 and had 3 come to the tank. Last night I had a huge 6x7 come in, he was 350 minimum and might’ve been pushing 370. I’ve also been trying spot and stalk, some lost calf calls and have looked in other areas without luck. I’ve been here 10 days and need to go home for a few days, then I’ll head up for antelope, most likely on Sunday.
ah man, hope you get one down before you depart! Had a bull tag northwest of you last year and when it rained it ruined all patterns etc. unlucky year to day the least. I think we’ll be out until Sunday!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom