072-075 Pronghorn

lvgrizfan

My son and I went out for a 2 1/2 day Hunt to see if I could fill my buck tag, we saw lots of does, a couple small bucks I passed on, saw one really nice one with a spotting scope, but can never close the distance and on the morning of the last day, I got this one, he’s not the biggest, but I got meat in the freezer this year, I will say this, 30 years of hunting in Nevada, not sure I’ve ever seen it so green up north like it is right now. I didn’t bring my rain gear this year and we got caught in that rain storm on opening day in 072, by the time we got back to the truck, we were soaked, I have to remember to pack that in my backpack.

IMG_6377.jpeg

Got this one in the same unit last weekend. Got a first come first serve tag and only had 1point so I grabbed it. Passed this buck the first morning out and regretted it so went back the next weekend and found him again. Although the tape proved he was smaller than I thought, I was way happy with him!

96D66531-10C2-4849-8818-C9C253A0746A.png

Got this one in the same unit last weekend. Got a first come first serve tag and only had 1point so I grabbed it. Passed this buck the first morning out and regretted it so went back the next weekend and found him again. Although the tape proved he was smaller than I thought, I was way happy with him!

View attachment 119477
He’ll Yeah, good buck.

View attachment 119477
So what did he tape at then?

My son and I went out for a 2 1/2 day Hunt to see if I could fill my buck tag, we saw lots of does, a couple small bucks I passed on, saw one really nice one with a spotting scope, but can never close the distance and on the morning of the last day, I got this one, he’s not the biggest, but I got meat in the freezer this year, I will say this, 30 years of hunting in Nevada, not sure I’ve ever seen it so green up north like it is right now. I didn’t bring my rain gear this year and we got caught in that rain storm on opening day in 072, by the time we got back to the truck, we were soaked, I have to remember to pack that in my backpack.

View attachment 119289
Congratulations glad you got out and enjoyed yourself!

Good looking skull, you’ll have to tell me how you did that.
Boiled in pot and got most of it off with pressure washer. Pulled horns and cleaned under there. Once everything was off skull I dumped pot and put fresh water in and got boiling again and added 40 volume peroxide and gave it a white boil. Pulled out and brushed bleach on any area I warned happy with. Glued horns back on. Tip: Use small drill bit and drill through base of horn about 1” from base just before pulling horn. Then you can use bit as a guide when gluing horns back on.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom