101-108 Early muzzleloader help

osu92

I drew this tag as my third choice so don't know too much about it yet. I live in central Oregon and hope to get out there to scout this summer at least once. So far it sounds like plan to get up high. If anyone wants to share some insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

My buddy (from Bend also) and I drew that hunt 3 years ago and had alot of fun. Once you get access into the top of the Humboldts you can travel as far as you like glassing basins and pitching the tent where you find level ground. PM and I can give you some more information - you will have a fun hunt!

I was the hunting buddy with NWElkHunter. I can also give you some ideas of areas to scout and names of people to contact to get access to the public land. Send me a PM. If you like to backpack it's a great hunt, lots of animals and great views. Oh yeah, I live in Redmond. Go Beavs!

I wanted to check in with you to see how the Nevada hunt went. I'm the one that lives in Redmond. Thinking of putting in for that hunt next year. Did you go with Tent Mountain? Just curious to see what you thought.

ihave been putting in for that hunt as well and am courius how everyone did i heard from a bioligist in a different unit that he hunts the early muzzle season in there and sees a lot of animals every year in the high country hope u did well

LAST EDITED ON Dec-31-09 AT 03:06PM (MST)[p]I drew the early rifle hunt. It was my first time putting in for NV, and I did a lot of scouting and research once I drew. Pretty awesome country. Spent most of my time in the Rubies just because I like the high country setting. Hunted a total of 11 days backpacking in and covering a lot of ground. After all was said and done I would give the whole hunt a C+. Number of hunters and lack of mature bucks are the reason for the lower grade, but there is plenty of potential for a larger buck in there. I didn't harvest a deer simply cause I didn't see one big enough. Knowing what I know now, I will try a different unit and maybe give area 10 a few years before going back out. I wouldn't burn more than 2 points on this unit at this point. I wouldn't expect the muzzy hunt to be much different, but these are my thoughts on the rifle hunt.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom