111-115 archery bull

lvelk

Any information on this hunt or area would be greatly appreciated. Im trying to gather as much intel as I can.

LAST EDITED ON May-30-14 AT 03:14PM (MST)[p]R--90

Do ya mind posting some pix of your harvests?

Thanks for sharing,

Robb

2011 archery bull I shot hunting solo
2644image.jpg

Deadhead from the area
740image.jpg

Nice---

I have always liked the back side of the units offered....over into 114....

I have hunted bow Antelope and bow Muleys----

My only problem is I always have other bow elk tags drawn by the time Nv. appl. comes around and there are only so many days in September to bow elk hunt...!! haha

So I just do bow Muleys or bow Antelope as those dates work for me on other drawn bow elk states tags.....plus apply for D-Ram/Cali. Ram tags.....

Thanks for the pix man----nice looking/healthy dog's BTW....

Robb

Hey my sister in law had a archery bull tag in 111-115 in 2010 she hit a big 7 point like this we never did find it! Was just wondering if you found this on the back side of 114 on the utah side, better yet on the back side of Mt Mariah! If you could plz let me know I would like to talk to you about that bull!!! Thanks

First of all that is/was an absolutely fantastic hunt (I got lucky on the draw with only 4pts). I ended up closing the deal on day 8 of the hunt. The hunt was DIY with few days help on the front and the backend from a couple of friends. I spent the first 4 (grueling) days up high +9000' in the Schells (eastside), saw a lot of great bulls (seemed like I saw the biggest new) bull I'd ever seen on the hoof everyday). Very tough hunting lots of blown stocks. Midway I switched to the lower country on the westside as the bulls were starting to run with the cows (where I got this one).
This one came into a call while we were going after an absolute stud, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. I stuck him early in the morning (non fatal) and tracked him for about 5hrs. Founded him bedded down midday and put 2 more in him. Luckily he ended up about 200yds from a 4wlr trail, (good thing cause I was completely spent).
He's nice bull, a little weak on his rightside (a typical horn) but I'm happy with him. Defintely not the biggest I chased, but he's the biggest I've ever shot.

Man sounds like a great hunt! I have hunted the eastside of the Schells back in the 80's with my Dad up in Mccoy and Taft and that is some beautiful country, but that area can beat you down quick. Once again Congrats on the great bull.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom