12, 13, 23, 24 4th season deer

fuzzyvelvet

I just picked up a 4th season reissued deer tag; any ideas on good places to start looking, what to expect in terms of numbers and size of bucks? Good camp spots, etc? Thanks.

Terrible deer numbers and very few mature bucks! It’s so bad I didn’t even try for that tag and i live in the units. They give out about half a million elk tags for that season so you will have plenty of company! Wish i had better news to tell you! Good luck!

Terrible deer numbers and very few mature bucks! It’s so bad I didn’t even try for that tag and i live in the units. They give out about half a million elk tags for that season so you will have plenty of company! Wish i had better news to tell you! Good luck!
From what I can tell they give 500 bull tags and 55 buck tags. I know they give a bunch more in 2nd and 3rd seasons but doesn't seem horrible during the 4th.

Me and a friend of mine hunted the 3rd season several years ago, I took the biggest buck I found in 7 days of hunting, 18"4x4.
But my buddy mist a 25" buck that looked to be close to 170" so there is a chance???

Me and a friend of mine hunted the 3rd season several years ago, I took the biggest buck I found in 7 days of hunting, 18"4x4.
But my buddy mist a 25" buck that looked to be close to 170" so there is a chance???
Hey good to know they are at least there and maybe during the 4th season I can get lucky and find a decent buck with less pressure.

Bro- hunt the buck tag and have fun! I remember (back in the day) hunting deer every year. Then they changed it to the first 3 days of the season. Then you had to draw. I'm lucky to hunt bucks every 2 years. You drew a tag where you might not shoot a huge buck, but you're going deer hunting! Good luck!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom