128-1Deer lodging

RoadlessHunter

What's the best Lodging options for the 128-1 deer tag?
The hunt dates are Nov 1 - Nov 20 and obviously the later dates will be the best. What have others done in the past for lodging?

There a bunch of options in town, but a lot of the hunters stay at the StageCoach Motel. Right in the center of town. Very secure, hunter friendly, and right next to the cowboy Cafe with good food. Bulls Conoco and Fast Stop Sinclair both open early for coffee and snacks. Rooms have refrigerators, but no microwave. Plan accordingly if youre a morning breakfast person!

There a bunch of options in town, but a lot of the hunters stay at the StageCoach Motel. Right in the center of town. Very secure, hunter friendly, and right next to the cowboy Cafe with good food. Bulls Conoco and Fast Stop Sinclair both open early for coffee and snacks. Rooms have refrigerators, but no microwave. Plan accordingly if youre a morning breakfast person!
Ya. Having to go to the lobby to microwave dinner was a pain. Otherwise I’d also recommend the stagecoach.

I actually went to the Thrift store, and bought one for $10. It stays in my garage for nuking antelope horns most of the year. I've been taking it over to Dubois for ten years, and am more than happy with its performance! :)

Thanks for the replies. We usually take our little stove and cook on the tailgate. Do you book the whole trip at once or a couple days at a time? I would hate to book 10 days and shoot one the first day.

You can camp on top like I did years ago. Just make sure you have plenty of fire wood for the wood stove. And tie everything down very tightly. It’s known to have more than a slight breeze up there. ?????

Town is only 20 minutes from the deer. If you feel like camping, there are real good spots all along the WMA. First one is down in the cottonwoods, out of the wind, and has nice clean cinderblock outhouse. Next upriver is a big parking area, but open, windy and no shitter. More for a RV

If you go up a little ways farther you're basically in the middle of where the deer will be. The CG is good, plenty of room and has another block outhouse. Junction of East Fork and Bear Creek

I just got home from elk hunting down here so give me a day or two to catch up and I'll get some intel on my FAV Airbnb that I use for like 3-4 years now in mid-November.

Cheaper and certainly more private than those dumpy motel rooms!! haha

Robb

I actually went to the Thrift store, and bought one for $10. It stays in my garage for nuking antelope horns most of the year. I've been taking it over to Dubois for ten years, and am more than happy with its performance! :)
I love your problem solving approach B. Got a rock in your shoe? Take the fricking shoe off and fix it!

You don’t need help off the escalator……… even if you need to go UP.

On my Summer scouting trips, the rate is $109.00 a night.

During my mid-November hunt dates, it's $79.00 a night.

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

About 4 miles west of town and about 3/4 of a mile off the main road, so it's dang quiet and private.

Corrals for your horse ect.

Robb

can you explain nuking antelope horns?

I said nuking them, but let me change that to "carefully warming them for 10-15 seconds at a time, to make it easy to get them off". I slide a thin flexible knife blade up and around inside the sheath, get them warm while still fresh, and before they start stinking, then twist and pull them right off. Scrape them clean and dry immediately, and the next day they can be epoxied or even bonded back on. Never smell again.

I can't stand the smell of rotting them off in plastic - sometimes it's not warm enough just in the sun, don't like the mess of boiling water and soaking - sometimes you can twist hard enough to crack and separate the hairs and growth pattern, the dogs always hated the smell. The wife will not tolerate it either!!

I too was wondering about the microwave and lope horns! Thanks! I will be the stagecoach 10/29 - 10/31 anyone else?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom