12B West early

MuddyBoots

Need some of your opinions. I'm planning on heading down there in a few days and was wondering what is the best access into the unit if coming from the north pulling a trailer. I was planning on focusing on the Buckskins. I've heard that the hunt is so migration dependent that scouting a month prior would be a waste of time so I figured just go a few days earlier but now I will be going in blind. Looking over maps it appears like road 1024 east of Kanab would be the shortest route but how would it be with a trailer in tow? Thanks for any help.

Just my opinion, having hunted it twice in the last 5 years.

Dry weather - no problem. Rainy - big time gooey clay and you will be sideways in a ditch just off the highway. The flats are really bad if wet. The 1025 road off the highway from Fredonia to Jacob Lake is pretty good all the time. A lot of hunters will pull their trailers up on top, but the road is rougher than heck up the west side, and shakes the thing to pieces. You can also come up from the House Rock side. I'd rather campdown on the flats somewhere, and drive for 20-30 minutes extra in the morning.

Don't limit yourself to the chainings on Buckskin, there are some good deer off the sage flats and the canyon on the other side also.

Good luck

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom