131 Deer Tag or 032 Antelope Tag

3tags2010

I don't have enough time for all three tags I drew this year....I know, poor me! With my work schedule, I can't give all three the proper amount of time. Any thoughts on which you would consider giving back?

Thanks,

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-10 AT 03:16PM (MST)[p]What seasons do you have? I know I would have a hard time turning in either one but if it was up to me it would be the antelope tag especially if you have quite a few points you'll draw that tag again soon. 131 deer is a great tag especially the muzzleloader hunt I had that tag in 07 and had a great hunt. I have been putting in for that hunt ever since and haven't drawn.

All depends, if your into big muleys,keep the deer tag. Area 131 is a super tag, buddy of mine had it for early rifle two years ago, he took home a 4x4 28" wide x 21" tall and didn't do much shopping. Don't know about the goat tag, heard theres some good bucks in that zone, but I'd take the deer tag. Better check the dates, maybe you can do both.
Thanks, Brownie.

Damn... that is a tough choice. Both units have great potential. There has been some mid 80 antelope coming out of 032. I really love mule deer but I would probably have to say... literally flip a coin on this one.

I'd give back the deer tag. That way you can hunt early in August then build up more vacation time for your sheep tag. Plus you will have all the time you need to devote to that sheep. In my opinion you can find a big (deer) buck in almost any unit if you look hard enough.

Things could be worse. I see two people who drew FOUR tags. One has Cali sheep, deer, bull elk, antelope. The other has Mtn goat, bull elk, deer, antelope.

032 goat tag could be outstanding this year as it seems the range conditions are awesome . Drove the western edge of 32 the other day and have never seen it so green and lush. It will be a great horn year! BH1

Those tags are so rare, I'd do all three. You may never draw any of those tags ever again. Ask your boss for a leave of absence. If you worked for me, I'd let you do it.

>032 goat tag could be outstanding
>this year as it seems
>the range conditions are awesome
>. Drove the western edge
>of 32 the other day
>and have never seen it
>so green and lush. It
>will be a great horn
>year! BH1

It is green, but unfortunately all the moisture came in the last 6 weeks. In March, things were dry, and the range looked bad. Very little snowpack at that time. I'd say the antelope were at least half grown if not more before the spring precip came.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom