14,250 Now

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Up to 14,250 now according to CDC. But is the number of total cases a good number to use? Maybe hospitalized cases would be a better gauge. I don’t know????

Last edited:
IMG_0356.PNG

Cases will rise because they started testing, it's not an accurate count of "new" cases. Deaths is a more accurate marker for total cases in a country but those are skewed by population dynamics as shown in Italy.

Please keep political stuff in the Political Forum.
Just think how much worse it would be if Trump had not taken steps early on to control people entering this country from China. He was accused of being a racist by Dems. and berated for taking such a drastic move. Now those same Dems accuse him of not doing enough. Nothing but a bunch of lying liberal hypocrites that should STFU and go away.
RELH

He should have known this was coming and he should have personally built 20 million ventilators and had 300 million N95 masks available last year

grizzly, it is until you have a loved one get it. Our 43 yr. old son is deathly sick with it and has been for 6 days. I promise this changes your outlook. Our family is very concerned for all of us.

Tomichi I think you are right. The ski resort counties are getting hammered. The director of health for the Eagle Valley said he felt that there were probably thousands of undiagnosed cases up there.

grizzly, it is until you have a loved one get it. Our 43 yr. old son is deathly sick with it and has been for 6 days. I promise this changes your outlook. Our family is very concerned for all of us.
That's horrible. I have three family members in mortal danger because of their medical conditions, including my mom, but so far have been spared. I wish you well!

What a narrow minded and selfish comment Grizzly. Pretty typical from you!!!

I guess everybody has to buy into the Fake News Liberal Media now as anything else is "narrow minded". Pretty sure that's the definition of "narrow minded" ???

"The more I learn about this, the less there is to worry about." - Pete Hegseth, FNC

“it’s actually the safest time to fly.” - Ainsley Earhart, FNC

"Panic Pushers" and a "political weapon" - Sean Hannity, FNC

stirring up "mass hysteria" - Laura Ingraham, FNC

"all the talk about coronavirus being so much more deadly doesn't reflect reality." - Jeanine Pirro, FNC

“This is their new hoax,” - Donald J Trump

"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear," - Donald J Trump

Undoubtedly, people will die from this... most will not. The amount that will NOT die and will recover is probably close to 99% (even Trump says it will be less than 1% fatality rate). On average, over 7,400 people die every day in the USA from all sorts of ailments and accidents and suicides... and its horrible. It is completely understandable that those personally affected have a much more sinister view than the large majority that are not directly affected in such a brutal way. Nobody is faulting them for that.

I'm sure the family members dealing with coronavirus loss feel the same way about the virus that the family members of those killed by firearms feel about gun rights. Maybe it puts a few things into perspective about those who have family members killed by guns and then become advocates for gun control like the Parkland students and Trayvon Martin's mom.

Is the complete seizure and forfeiture of all firearms a reasonable response to a number of shooting deaths? Maybe. Maybe not.

Is the complete destruction of our society (Mnuchin is saying 20% unemployment) and economy a reasonable response to a number of people dying from pneumonia from a new respiratory virus? Maybe. Maybe not.

Some people are open minded enough to realize that educated people can have a civil discussion of opposing views. Others are so selfish and narrow minded - to use your terms - that they personally attack anybody that doesn't agree with them by falling into lockstep of a singular viewpoint.

Grizzly here is the problem that you have, and I share this same problem with you. You have a tendency in your written statements to come off more harsh then you really intended to do. I also have that same problem when writing, and even sometimes in my oral statements.
If you had made your statements orally and face to face I am willing to bet that most forum members would agree with you more often and not bash your head as they sometimes do, including me.
Stay healthy and wise. I will try to do the same, but my wife tells me that I am a lost cause because I am too much of a hard-headed stubborn hillbilly and kicks my a$$ once a week to keep me in line.
RELH

I think it is ironic that several Democrats senators mostly from California and 2 Republicans pulled millions out of the stock market back in January and February before CV really was known

Last edited:
He should have known this was coming and he should have personally built 20 million ventilators and had 300 million N95 masks available last year

Im certain your comment was tongue in cheek but trust me, there are piles of sunflower dingbats out there who truly believe that (all Trumps fault) to be the case.

I think it is ironic that several Democrats senators mostly from California and 2 Republicans pulled millions out of the stock market back in January and February before CV really was known

Grizzly here is the problem that you have, and I share this same problem with you. You have a tendency in your written statements to come off more harsh then you really intended to do. I also have that same problem when writing, and even sometimes in my oral statements.
I'd agree with that. That's why I always tell people to have important conversations in person or, at least, over the phone as so much is lost in the written word.

The bottom line is people are too quick to attack others personally here on MM (see virtually every post on this thread) and people take their views way too seriously. Everybody is here goofing around yet some people think problems are actually getting solved, opinions altered, and important decisions made. It's just MM and not a single person working on coronavirus even knows this site exists. So lighten up everybody. It's just some BS to do when you're bored and the TV is on a commercial break.

I saw Burr, Loeffler, and Inhofe - three Republicans and Feinstein - one Democrat.

Did I miss something?

You did and so did others. I am willing to bet if the finance records of all politicians are looked at, they will find many more that dumped stock in the market due to having insider information.

Those found out so far were sitting on committees where they were able to get information that would have strong influence on the stock market. You can bet that they passed that information on to fellow friends in Congress.

I would like for them to check Pelosi's finance records since she and Feinstein are close friends. As more and more information comes out about the dirty dealings of Congress members, both sides, I am beginning to believe more in having term limits of just two terms in office and more control on their finance dealings. Too many go in worth several hundred thousand and leaving politics being worth many millions and they did not make that money on their federal salary.
RELH

the Cats outta the bag, this baby is more than likely never going away. If they do get the spread stopped, China is getting back to normal after 2 months so they will, next fall and winter it will prolly come back just like any other corona cold virus, which are responsible for 30% of all colds... I've had it before and yes the dry cough and lung is extremely uncomfortable but my case only lasted 5 days. However, I see no point in destroying the economy of the US over something that cannot be controlled by anyone.

You did and so did others. I am willing to bet if the finance records of all politicians are looked at, they will find many more that dumped stock in the market due to having insider information.

Those found out so far were sitting on committees where they were able to get information that would have strong influence on the stock market. You can bet that they passed that

I agree, they're all corrupt. Jail them all for all that I care. And I'm not the type to look at the R or the D after their name to decide what to think of them, like so many others do in assuming their side is good and the other side is bad.

Does anybody have any information to support mulecreeks claim that there were "several Democrats senators mostly from California and 2 Republicans" because everything I've seen was 3 Republicans and 1 Democrat?

PS. Burr is dirty as they come on this one. https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-burr-coronavirus-info

News is starting to trickle out about staffers and others who took advantage of their inside information.......seems when reporters are sitting home they have time to actually do a little investigatin.

Burr, Loeffler, Inhofe and Feinstein so far. It probably runs pretty deep in staffers. But honestly if you were a minor staffer, not a member, would you sell if you could and you knew or suspected something was coming? We kind of pay our brokers and fund managers to do the same.

The risks of cheating should be proportionate to the giant rewards......like a firing squad. Problem solved.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom