15 muzzleloader bull

Elkextreme

Hello, I've hunted 15 the last few years for late cow elk and have tagged out 6 outa 7 years, but have only seen 2 bulls the whole time This year I was lucky and drew a late November smoke pole bull tag. I've already started my scouting but have only seen tons of cows but no bulls. I usually hunt the Reserve area. I was thinking of scouting towards the Quemado Lake area.
Should I stick to Reserve or try other areas? Any suggestions, no honey holes

Scouting in May for a November hunt is a waste of time and money. Unless u are driving around looking for new areas. Those late hunts the bulls are usually far away tucked in the nastiest places recovering from the rut. Get out there a few days before the hunt and do your scouting then. On the other hand you may not see any bulls now but you may find sheds.

Good advice above. Go shed hunting, where they shed is going to be more like the country they will be in in late November

>Scouting in May for a November
>hunt is a waste of
>time and money. Unless u
>are driving around looking for
>new areas. Those late hunts
>the bulls are usually far
>away tucked in the nastiest
>places recovering from the rut.
>Get out there a few
>days before the hunt and
>do your scouting then. On
>the other hand you may
>not see any bulls now
>but you may find sheds.
>

? right

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom