16 NR LIMITED ENTRY DEER POINTS

highcountryhays

Looking for ideas on what to apply for. Want to kill a mature heavy horned buck.

Thinking about Henry Management or Elk Ridge an appreciate input.

Elk Ridge- muzzleloader,,,,,,deer at still up top.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-13 AT 09:08AM (MST)[p]With 16 nr deer points I am thinking of applying for a Henry management tag or Put in with my 15 Year old grandson for West Vernon. Does anyone know much about West Vernon?

Also what kind of management bucks have they been taking off of the Henry

There have been a few management bucks from the henrys posted on here. If you do a search you can find the pics, most have been big 3x4s.
If I were in your shoes I would put in for the henrys management tag and take your grandson with you(an experience both of you will cherish forever). IMO 16 years in WAY to long to wait to hunt the vernon.

Did the Henrys Management this year and had a hoot. Could of shot several heavy 3X4's that were 26" to 28", but ended up shooting a thinner 3X4 that was 30".
Saw one 34" 3X4 that got me all fired up, but when I got closer he had a 1.5" 4th point. Got to be careful.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-13 AT 09:44PM (MST)[p]I took your advice and applied for Henry Management buck. Sounds like fun and should be able to photo some of the bucks I had to pass up because of not being 3 point. If I could kill a heavy wide three point, I would be happy.

If I get drawn I may need some advice or help.

I hope you draw. I too have 16 and one more out of the pool is good for me. It might seem like I'm selfish, but I hope you find a big buck to shoot.

DZ

Another 16'er here, and I would love to get the chance to hunt down there just once. Pauns rifle this year and probably next, then I'll start to apply for the Henrys until I die!

I hope you draw.I've got 17 and put in for the Pauns rifle and it's not a guarantee for me.Want to get out of this point game.

Thanks guys---I was tired of the points game too.If I get drawn, I know I will have a great time. Probably will be soliciting help. I have never been to the Henry Mountains, but I am really excited at the prospect. I love glassing big bucks.

Henrys would be my choice.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom