16B and Valle Vidal

JJhunt

Well I went 1 for 5 in the draw but was lucky enough to pick up the first archery hunt in 16B. I drew 16B two years ago and my buddy drew it last year so I have spent a bunch of time in there and cant wait to get back in the wilderness.

So my buddy decided to start putting into the draw last year and asked my suggestions on units. As luck would have it, he drew 16b first archery and OIL Oryx on Rhodes. Beginners luck? Not so fast.... He drew first rifle hunt in The VV this year.

Cant wait for the fall. Gila in September and Valle Vidal in October.

He drew 16b last year and VV this year.

I drew 16b two years ago and this year.

Sorry if that was confusing.

We hunt together and will be going on both hunts this year together.

JJ, we had that same stroke of luck the last two years. Two years ago the GF put in for speedgoats and OIL on Rhodes and drew and last year applied for VV and drew on her first chance.

Crazy. Some people are just lucky. I also know a guy who drew VV as a NR on his first try. He killed a 376" on the first archery hunt.
The very next year drew first archery in 16D and had to cancel last minute and didnt hunt.

Yea, a NR buddy of mine drew VV on his first try for his first ever big game hunt. Killed a good bull with two shots 50-yds farther than he ever practiced.

----------------------
Give a man a little luck and anything will do for brains (Albert Soady).

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom