16B scouting trip

JJhunt

Just got back from 16B. Was shocked how dry it was. This is the 3rd year in a row i have been in B and by far the driest of the 3. By the look of the reports and radar over the last month I expected there to be water everywhere. All but two holes I hiked to were dry.
The elk were where the water was. I saw a bunch of cows and a few bulls. Hiked just over 19 miles and set up 8 cameras. Cant wait to get back to check them but will probably stay out of the area till the week before season.

Wow! I'm heading to another unit in the Gila this weekend. I have several cams out on water right now since mid May. I really hope most of them still have water in them. Glad you found some elk! Did you take any pics?

I did but nothing great. some cool pictures of a few fires and cows, but nothing interesting enough to learn how to post pictures. hopefully that will change soon.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom