16E road questions.

bowelk

How are the roads from 59 to 163. I was thinking about pulling a trailer for the hunt in a couple of weeks but I’ve heard mixed stories. Seems like some of the Gila is okay and some of it got hammered

Be ready to weld your hitch back on your truck or trailer ask me how I know, never would pull a trailer through there again,go the long way to Winston.

163 isn’t terrible, but it’ll be slow going. The issue will be pulling the camper off of 163 and into an appropriate camp spot. Others do it, so it’s possible.

163 isn’t terrible, but it’ll be slow going. The issue will be pulling the camper off of 163 and into an appropriate camp spot. Others do it, so it’s possible.
My experience a few days ago was just the opposite. Side roads were not near as greasy as 163. 163 had a few spots you had to be careful. If you stayed in the ruts it guided you right by though. I’m thinking with the dry weather though the roads will improve greatly Good luck

16E.JPG
16E (2).JPG
This was a brutal.. took 3 days to get out.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom