17 hmr

257nut

i'm looking into a new left handed rifle in 17 hmr which one is better the savage 93 or the cz 452. is there a better one than these two. there really isn't many in left handed.
thanks

I have one of each and I am not impressed with the savage. Lots of them out on the market and its shows wiht the lack of a true quality product. The CZ is 10 times the gun in my opinion and will out shoot and outlast the savage. Just hold each model in your hands and you can start to feel the difference. Have you also looked at the remington model 5 to see if that's available in a lefty?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

i was leaning towards the cz. looks better. is the 21 inch barrel good or are you better off getting a 24 inch in the 17hmr.
thanks

21" is more than enough

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I have the pre accu-trigger model 93 heavy barrel, and it shoots lights out. It will put 5 shots into a nickel size group at 100yds with hornady ammo. I put a rifle basix trigger kit on it and that made a huge difference. Now CZ makes a great rifle and they shoot just as good as they look if not better, I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

I have a 452 Varmint in .17 HMR and it is a great shooter. Ammo choice makes a big difference in accuracy. Mine does not shoot the TNT bullets worth a hoot. It does like the 17 gr V-Max though. Mine shots sub MOA for 10 shot groups and you can see the impacts. CZ also offers 10 round polymer magazines. The trigger is ok. I replaced mine with a Rifle Basix and its a lot better.

I also added a Boyd Tacticool stock for better ergonomics as a long range trainer. I bought a Diversified Innovative Products +25 MOA base to make use of the scopes elevation travel. It's a hoot shooting 300 yards with this setup.

452.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom