175 gr. 7mm Rem Mag

A

AHT

Just looking for any experiences/advice on going up to a 175 grain bullet in a 7mm. I've always shot a 160 gr, haven't had time to get any loaded so these are factory rounds.
Thanks,

I shoot 175 gr patitions out of mine. When I got the rifle (pawn shop special model 700) I had 3-4 different bullets in 150, 2 in 160, and the 175gr partitions. I tried like hell to find a good combo with the lighter bullets, but right before I gave up I loaded up 10 rounds of 175 grainers and imr7828...... 1 cold bore and 3....3 shot groups. Worst group was about 3/4". After a little tuning she shoots reliable cold 1/2" groups whenever I ask her too.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I took a 1300 pound canadian moose with a 175 Hornady bullet in my 7mm mag.The bullets preformed perfect.

Not needed and not efficient in the 7 rem mag. Stay with 150-160 class premium bullets, best performing and best trajectory for this caliber.

Unless you are shooting past 500 yards then the long heavy match/target bullets in 7mm would be the better choice.

You don't need a 175 pill for good penetration in the 7mm and the lighter bullets expand better.

175 Grain Nosler Partition

66 grains IMR-7828

CCI-250 primer

WW- cases

3 shot group @ 100 yards 5/8"

Muzzle Velocity 15' from muzzle 3060 fps.

I have used this load in four different 7mm Rem Mag all excellant results. Any this load will flat knock a Bull elk off his feet.

Scratch

I like the 150's in My Bar 7mm.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I've been loading 160 grain Grand Slams for years to use in my Steyr Model S magnum. Haven't heard a single complaint from several deer and elk. It likes 60 grains of IMR4831.

I would also stick with 150-160. Best bang for your buck. You could try them if you have your mind set on it though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom