19 bison points

MooseMeat

My father has 19 bison points in Utah. He's up there in age and doesn't have the go in him like he use to. We are thinking we better burn some points before his condition gets too bad. Looking at the draw odds we realize the odds of a Henry's bull tag are extremely slim, but It appears he can draw either cow hunts on the Henry's, the cow hunts on the books and possibly one of the bull tags for the books. My question is, which hunt would produce the best results? We are looking for the one with the best chance of success. I've hunted the Henry's 2nd cow hunt a few years ago with a family member. While he harvested, it seemed like they were pretty few and far between. We only saw 4 buffs the whole hunt and we covered pretty much everywhere before we finally found some standing in the road on one of the last afternoons of the hunt. Never set foot on the books before, so I don't know what that hunt is like at all. Any info or advice you would be willing to offer or share, I'd sure appreciate it. Thank you

I've never hunted the Henry?s . But I think the books would be the place for a older guy. There is roads everywhere and he wouldn't have to hike that far to kill one.If it was my father I would put him in for the books. But that's just my 2 cents.The Ute tribe has close to a 1000 head of Buffalo now and there migrating over to the State ground more and more every year.

I would suggest the Book Cliffs cow only hunt, should draw the tag and the road access is great and a little nicer weather. The book cliffs wild horse bench bull tag is a hard hunt with limited access. Good luck

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom