196 Not 200 Expo Tags?

Zigga!

Actually I heard the other 4 were pulled out for re auctioning at some banquet some where since they fell short of their projected goals on income off the 200 tags.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-07 AT 03:21PM (MST)[p]Comparing the print out I have (from a couple of months ago) of the tags and numbers looks like we are missing:

2 - Wasatch Mtns. Early Elk
1 - Wasatch Mtns. Late Elk
1 - San Juan (C) Turkey Tag

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

I sure hope there is a good answer for this. If they did pull the tags and guys bought chances at them like myself there is going to be war on Utah. i did not come all the way from CA to have some sneaky junk going on. Hope it is just a mix up. It better be.

I just called the Utah DWR. It is very sad to think that I was told by a DWR worker that he did not know how many tags the conservation groups got. I then asked who the contact person for the DWR was inregards to the convention tags. I was told there was not one. I then asked how the draw was conducted and he responded "The three groups were in charge of the whole thing." I am sure there is a simple explanation for this mix up. I only hope one of the three groups answers for the possible missing tags.

schmalts!!!

I DON'T THINK YOU WOULD!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING THEM DAMN NON-RESIDENTS FAIRED PRETTY DAMN WELL,LOL!!!

It would be really interesting to know how many of the lucky tag holders are members of these groups that put on the Expo and how many are not. I wonder if there is any way of finding out? or comparing the results to a membership list?

DP or SFW Please explain why the 196 tags if I put in for all the elk tags and 3 are missing where is the 15 dollars?????

Very curious the answer to this as well- Are 4 more lucky people out there, but they don't know it?!?!

>I believe they went to Chuck
>Adams, Jim Zumbo, Doyle Moss
>and the guy with the
>chute plane.

LOL! Which one?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-07 AT 07:37PM (MST)[p]Don says they will make it right - we'll find out....

It was a great show, very well articulated draw entry process, rather than tarnish all the good, I'm sure they'll patch this up quick...

You can't fix it if the tags are gone though - DOH! - we'll see!

Odd Nut, i would like to hire you. My first boss told me, don't come to me with a problem, come with a solution.

thanks, simple problem, simple solution. You found it.

You look to be very correct. We were suppose to have awarded 4 wasatch early. it looks as if only 2 were posted. WE were suppose to have awarded 2 wasatch late elk, we posted 1. We were suppose to posted 3 San juan C turkey, we posted 2.

The drawing, which was conducted and certified by the state of Utah drew names in order, and this order was printed. And for all the conspiracy people,who have already told us who you are on this post, their is a legally valid document showing the list at the time of draw. Ryan Foutz, who could NOT put in the draw, will contact the 4 additonal winners via phone, and they will be posted by 5 pm. tommorrow.

We apologize for this minor glitz, 4 more hunters are going to be very, very happy.

As mentioned on another post, several consultants told us we needed a $1 million budget. we did it for $500,000. that includes rent of building ($85,000), marketing, computer stuff, etc. etc. Some expos have 100 people, we did it with 5 consultants and lots of volanteers. We all worked 18 hour days, with no pay for weeks and months. We all ran on about 3-4 hours of sleep for that week. We did this for our love of the wildlife and the sport, there is so much positive, a minor glitch.

These tags were NOT sold, they were drawn, we just posted the wrong number.

Thanks so much to all for coming, and thanks so much ODd Nut for finding a solution, not just a problem.

It will be handled, but i do believe in looking at the data, OddNUt nailed this one.

Don Peay

One thing I can add. I had a small glitch problem on my validation on Wednesday. I emailed dk and had an answer within an hour or so that I was completely satisfied with. I was at the show a couple days later and got a new receipt for my own peace of mind. It was taken care of just like I was told it was.

I highly doubt anyone on the "inside" of the expo was there to cheat or be unfair about anything. Can anyone imagine the fallout from an unfair draw? Why risk it? I think the goal was to raise funds, not get tags for friends in high places. Maybe we should appreciate the efforts guys?

So just a little confused here.....

If Oddnut1 typed:

'Comparing the print out I have (from a couple of months ago) of the tags and numbers looks like we are missing:

2 - Wasatch Mtns. Early Elk
1 - Wasatch Mtns. Late Elk
1 - San Juan (C) Turkey Tag

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com '

Where and what is the Solution dkPeay says he found???

Oh well......

Robb

Robb,

The draw was conducted exactly per protocal.

What OddNutt helped us find is the units where we said that there would be 4 permits, we had only posted 2 winners. For each unit, more than 20 names were drawn in order of alternates, so that if for whatever reason the listed winners dropped out (poaching violation, drew 2 tags, didn't want the tag, etc) we would know exactly who was next in line. this is exactly the way the state of Utah does their state draw.

Oddnutt zeroed in - Wasatch elk early, wasatch elk late, and San Juan C turkey were the units we did't post enough hunters.

thanks guys, lets discuss issues, lets find solutions, lets make hunting better for all of us.

don

Half the tags came from NR but NR drew 30% of tags from what I hear, being from Ohio going to Utah for the draw was out of the question, so someone please explain to me how NR made out fairly well?

Unit I was putting my dad in for should have 3 NR tags, he is not max pnts thus he has a chance at 2 tags, BUT this unit is listed as loosing a tag to this convention.

If the lost tag is NR then my dad is drawing for 1 tag not 2, this makes a huge difference. Doubling odds is not good for NR!

Is there any way to know what tags came from Res and NR for this convention?

>Looks like the Wasatch is fixed.
>
I think that more than the Wasatch is FIXED!!! KTC

I think that they should redraw all the tags if they were missing tags that should have been in the original draw. IMHO

They did the draw already with at least 5 alternates in order. In case any problems. People drew more than one tag for the same species. It would have been nice to draw. Maybe next year. Or I'll get lucky in the regular draw. Good luck.

Anyone explain to me how someone with a XX as their state or their country can still draw? Is this not like the regular draw wouldn't my application be thrown out?

Whoops!

Fixed was not a good word to use.;-)

I should have said, looks like they posted the correct number of winners! Ha!

Would you promise to NOT have the current winners fall of a cliff if you were a runner up number one ?

For numerous reasons, the state will not allow us to disclose the runner up lists.

thanks

don

The computer program simply put xx for non US states. the guy was from canada. his application was valid, it was our reporting software.

he keeps his permit

No kidding! Think about it. If the first runner up found out he was first in line, He might hire a hit man to bust some legs to get the tag? Kind of far out there, but I would not want that liability.

I don't know about the "fixed" draw but I have a 12 year old son who is very excited that he was able to draw a turkey tag! And for what it is worth a neighbor of mine drew one of the moose tags and his 14 year old son drew an antelope tag! Personally I'm glad to see some of the tags go to the youth for their first time hunting experiences here in Utah (although I would not have been offended if I was lucky enough to draw a tag either). Hopefully the money will be put to good use for wildlife. In the meantime thanks for the opportunity to go hunting with my boy!

Muleydoc

md,

I picked a poor choice of words. I was referring to the draw list being updated with the complete draw list shown on Wasatch early and late. I was not saying it was rigged, but updated. I just used the word fixed without thinking.

My apologies!

I THINK ktc & PEAY-DAY ARE RIGHT!!!

SOMEBODY MIGHT GET WHACKED IN THIS CRAZY WORLD OVER A PERMIT IF THEY KNEW THEY WERE NEXT IN LINE!!!

BEING AS UN-LUCKY AS I AM!!!

I GOT TO THINKING!!!

MAYBE THEY SHOULD OF DRAWED NAMES & THROWED THEM OUT UNTIL THERE WAS ONLY 200 APPLICANTS LEFT,I KNOW I MUST ME DOWN ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PILE SOMEWHERE!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Bobcat,

my name would be the last one drawn. lived here 46 years, applied for everything, every year, only drawn 2 turkey tags.

can't even draw a cow elk.

Great to see all the positive stuff, we will report over time how the money is spent.

right now, we have pledged (if all the stuff gets worked out) $1 Million to help Governor Huntsman buy the 28,000 acre tabby mountain block of school trust lands. MIght cost 40 million, but if we don't get it, some billionare will and lock all of us out. that is their right, and Trust Lands is mandated to make money. Lets all pull together and we the people will keep a place - a great place to play, hunt, and fish and camp. this is just the first of many projects.

the second project is a commitment of $15,000 a year, that helped to buy 3,000 acres of aweseome elk, deer, sheep, chukar habitat in Idaho, part of a $1.6 million deal. Lots of hunters came down from Idaho, and lots of Utah hunters can hunt there if they want.

Our plan is to put say $100,000 into a project and get $2-4 million in matching funds.

The Gov. was way impressed with his Million check, not that many people put their money where their mouth is.

Don Peay

Where is the updated list for the mis placed tags? When I hit the expo web site it says removed or no longer valid.

buckshot

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom