1st Archery Question

bowelk

I will be hunting 16B during the early archery hunt this year. I have hunted this hunt in the past and have spent a lot of time in the unit so I'm not asking for anything specific other than a pressure question. I didn't draw last year and haven't hunted this unit since it went to two seasons. If any of you hunted this hunt last year and in the past when it was three seasons, is there a very noticeable difference with the amount of hunters? Or do they seem to be spread out over the hunt? Did it seem to get more crowded toward the end of the hunt? We will be packing in with horses and usually go in about 6-7 miles. Any insight would be appreciated.

I don't know about B since it is mostly wilderness, but I noticed a huge difference in A! Where we camped and hunted during the 3 hunt season, there was usually only 1 or 2 other camps, last year there was 8! This was during the first hunt, and it thinned out a little near the end of the hunt, but there was definitely a noticeable difference.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom