1st or 2nd hunt in 16B or 16E

JeremyKS

I was wondering which bow season is going to be the best 1st or 2nd season hunt in NM 16B or E? Looks like the 1st season is a little easier to draw, is it that much tougher of a hunt?
Thanks for any help.

They are usually just starting to bugle in the second season, so it's hit or miss the first several days. Around the end of the second season or beginning of the third season they really get going and start answering a bugle lot more. I think the third season is consistently the best.
-- Bob

I appreciate all the help. How long will the bugling normally last? Will the muzzleloader hunters in the first season of Oct. 17-21 still be getting some action?

16B doesn't have a muzzleloader hunt , just 16E , but yes the bulls will still bugle and let you know where they might be , but they won't come to any bugles by then.The G&F moved this hunt back a week again as well. I have hunted 16B four times before the third hunt was added , the old dates were Sept 16-24 , but the dates were spot on , pre rut at the begining and the last day or two were amazing! I killed my first archery elk there , but it's been 8 years since I last went as I have a new favorite unit with more elk , not as nearly big of bulls but alot more elk.

16B IS BY FAR THE ROUGHEST UNIT IN THE GILA BE PREPARED IF YOU APPLY THERE NOT VERY MUCH LEVEL GROUND.THE FIRST HUNT CAN BE GOOD BUT A LOT OF TIME SPENT BY WATER.A COUPLE YEARS AGO THEY WHERE ALREADY SCREAMING BY THE 3RD HOPE THATS A LITTLE HELP

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom