1st season snow?

R

Rem308

Looking into 1st season elk in units 4/5.Never hunted these units,but was wondering if there is usually snow durring the first elk season?

I prefer the muzzleloader season,but if I don't draw I may do the first rifle seasom,but it does interfear with the whitetail bow season here in Michigan.

It can snow in September in Colo but not enough to really make the elk migrate. I'm not sure why you are concerned about snow during the 1st season?

>it does interfear with the
>whitetail bow season here in
>Michigan.

I'm sorry but you just lost some credibility and any info I would give by worrying about a Elk hunt in Colorado interfearing with a whitetail bow season.
But I do wish you the best on the whitetail hunt and hope you kill as many of those vermin as possible. Every year more and more whitetails pollute our Mule Deer and Elk ranges out west.

we have had 0 rain /snow to 12" sept 3rd if it getts wet be ready for chained up trucks

I think I will stay with the muzzy season.Better weather and the rut is going on .Even if I don't get an elk,it is a nice time of year to be in the muontains.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-09 AT 02:42PM (MST)[p]Hey MOOSEY69 - All they would have to do is have an open all year season on whitetails,no license like a varmint and in one year you would be rid of those whitetails. Seems simple to me.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom