1X muzzy scope?

straightshooter,

I use the Burris as well. Seems to work fine. I also looked at the Sightron and Nikon. I liked the crosshairs best on the Burris, but the Nikon had a larger field of view to my eyes. I thought the Sightron was a very nice scope too. I have other Burris' and trust them well, this is why I went with the Burris.

I am not thoroughly convinced that I can shoot any better with the scope as I could with a peep sight. I have considered putting a nice Williams Peep on my Knight instead. I really thought that shooting at the range would be easier with the scope. It is not. On game however, I like the crosshairs, they make it much easier to line up the shot if it is a reasonable distance.

FWIW, these are my thoughts. Firehawk

I put a Cabela's Alaskan Guide 1x scope on my Thompson Omega, it worked out great, very good quality, very clear and it only was $160.00, I would give this scope a try.

Straight shooter,

Just to update you, I ended up putting that Williams peep sight on my Knight and I am now selling my Burris. I just listed it in the Classifieds on this board if you are interested.

FH

Fire_Hawk thanks for the update. I have yet to purchase a scope for the muzzleloader but I have checked out a few. The Burris seemed like a good one, nice and clear. Just wondering why your selling it? Anything about it you didn't like. I just wish I could find one with something larger than a 20mm field of view.

I had a simmons 1X(still have ) I like them better then the Burris because the cross hairs are thinner, covers up less of the target at 200 yds.My buddies all got Burris then had Burris change out the cross hairs for thinner one's but it costed them around $80 for the work and shipping. I got mine at Mid-south shooting supply for around a $100

Straight shooter,

I sold the scope on Saturday. The reason I sold it is that I liked the precision I get with a nice peep, better. I thought that the scope was nice but I shoot so many targets that I needed something that allowed a more precise placement on targets. I don't know that on a game animal there will be any difference.

I liked having the vertical crosshair for lining up on the opposite shoulder or similar on an animal, but found that exact placement on a target out at 150 yards got real tough. I have really only known peep sights for hunting with a ML and didn't see any real advantage to using the scope other than what I mentioned. Plus I wanted to use the money for something else. You know, there is always an alterior (sp?) motive to someone's decisions.

FH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom