2-44-4th season tags hit the leftover list........

oldmossback

Wondering if anyone else finds it odd that these tags hit the list on opening day which means they must be purchased in person at CPW office instead of yesterday when they could have been purchased online by anyone?

>Wondering if anyone else finds it
>odd that these tags hit
>the list on opening day
>which means they must be
>purchased in person at CPW
>office instead of yesterday when
>they could have been purchased
>online by anyone?

Just the way it happened. No big conspiracy, I know 2 other guys who got some alright 4th season buck tags today as well... They did not ork for CPW.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-18 AT 09:35PM (MST)[p]sure wish they popped up Tuesday. But not complaining cuz I snagged the best tag that showed up on Tuesday so now I have a great weekend planned.

>>====Hostess Donettes Pro Staff=====>

I attend finger yoga classes during the license reissue season to make sure my fingers are extra nimble and fast Haha

>>====Hostess Donettes Pro Staff=====>

>
> I attend finger yoga classes
>during the license reissue season
>to make sure my fingers
>are extra nimble and fast
> Haha
>
>
>>>====Hostess Donettes Pro Staff=====>

LMAO!!! Congrats...

I'm curious, is it possible that these guys could have actually gone hunting on opening morning before turning these in? Or do they have to be turned in before the season starts?
I was in 44 all day yesterday helping a friend with a buck tag. Pretty tough conditions. We saw several groups of does with a few small bucks hanging around. It seems like the rut isn't even happening yet. To my knowledge, there was one buck killed that would go close to 180.

Doubt it as they would not get their points back in that scenario and might as well just keep hunting until the end. It must just have taken that long to call the next five in line and have each taken a few days to turn down the tag...that or there was some sort of medical/family emergency...

Trust me, they're chasing. Necks are swollen and they're makein mistakes.

#livelikezac

Thanks! I'm actually not the tag holder. I just helped out a friend with this hunt.
He?s shooting a worked over Remington 700 in a .280.

Great buck, I sure enjoyed my 4th season 44 unit hunt last year and glad you got it done this year. To bad we will never have enough points to hunt it again.

Again nice buck

MDNDEER

I'm actually the no hunter in this picture. I'm sitting at 14 deer points right now. And honestly, I'm having second thoughts about 44. I would really be curious to know what all the fourth season guys ended up taking this year. The game warden I spoke with said this is probably the worst season that he has seen in that unit.

>I hope you're right DW. I'm
>heading out again in the
>morning.

Was he chasein?

#livelikezac

About what will that buck score? I have 21 NR PP and I think I would settle for that if given the opportunity since no outfitter would be required, but I could only draw a 3rd season tag possibly.

From he looks on their faces and vibe coming from the picture that bucks scores lots more than could ever show up on a piece of tape with numbers on it...

buckhunter, I wouldn't even want to throw a number out there. The score of an animal really doesn't mean much to me. That being said, this buck wouldn't score very well because of his crab claw fronts. At the end of the day, this is a beautiful mature buck that my friend was very happy to take.
Good luck to you when you draw your tag!

I am not chasing a particular score, am just unfamiliar with what Muleys score since I have been East of the Mississippi my whole life. Whitetails seem easier to estimate to me. Congrats to the shooter.

Congrats to the hunter ! I wonder how many points he had and if he was nr or resident .

I believe he had 18 points, and he is a resident.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom