2-B

S

star

Anybody been up there since the snow hit? wondering how far I can take the traval trailer up for the Jan, bow hunt..or should I stay low?

have you hunted 2B before? that is one of the nastiest roughest roads i have ever been on and i have hunted every corner and area of this state..i was up there last january and i dont think there is any way you will get a travel trailer up there..the ones i seen were down low right off the highway.. better have chains and some damn good tires if your thinking of trying it..Just my opinion

I'll second everything he said! NASTY! Be prepared for bad weather and to see monster bucks that you can not sneek up on in the 3'+ snow drifts.

any rutting going on during the jan archery hunt or just migration??
thanks
Chris

I had a 30 foot 5th wheel in deep last year. All I can say is travel at night when the roads are frozen and leave your plumbing empty, IT WILL FREEZE. -19 a few mornings when we got up. COLD!! And yes the roads can be hell, most of the pump guys chain up.

Went out scouting a little in 2C yesterday. The snow in 2C is deeper than I have seen in the last 20 years. Got at least 12" in most places. It is snowing again and supposed to snow for a couple of days. It is gonna make the Jan hunt tough to get around. Main roads are getting plowed but some of the side roads and stuff are not. Bring CHAINS you guys. The heavy mud chains! White sheets for camo. Everything is white.

I had the 2B Jan. Bow hunt last Jan. I was able to get my 5th wheel trailer into the lower country and hunted mostly the BLM lands down low. Roads were ok the first week of the hunt because of 8-10 below zero weather. I echo what someone said about not filling the water tank and keeping your waste tanks empty. A couple mornings generator had a slow time starting.

Second half of the hunt warmer weather came in and it rained/sleet and melted alot of the existing snow and roads were absolutely nasty. I had to chain up my truck and barely got my trailer out. I did hunt some of the National Forest, however I wouldn't even try and take a trailer up those roads.

Good luck. I saw tons of deer and missed a 190" buck the first day. Got on some 170's and 180's the remainder of the hunt but could never get close enough. Too many eyes!! Passed up numerous smaller bucks and had a fork horn buck walk 10 ft from me in the wide open. It was a fun hunt even with the weather and roads.

MBBGH

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom