2004 Antelope Hunt

B

Ben Hunt'n

I would like a little help in picking an area in Wyoming to hunt this next season. I need an area that has pretty good draw odds and a fair number of antelope. I have never hunted antelope before. I have done a little research and it seems that central, eastern and south central wyoming is pretty easy to draw but alot of private property. I would like to pay a trespass fee and hunt on private land. Can someone let me know if they know of any ranches they know of that I can contact.

Thanks in advance

Julius

I have hunted unit 72 several times and unit 26 once. Most of the time we hunted on BLM Land and also purchaseed transpass permits on one of the larger ranches in the area. I think the odds to draw in unit 72 for a nonresident is in the 50-60 percent range. Unit 26 generally has leftover permits and it is a unit you can draw if you miss out drawing a permit in one of the other units. we generall took animals in the 13-15 inch range. There are several large ranches that offer permits for a small fee, contact the G&F department for a list.

If your not stuck on Wyoming, please consider New Mexico. We have lots of options down here. I can work out a guided hunt fairly cheap on private land if your willing to go through the public draw. Please see my site at www.newmexicobiggamehunting.com.

Julius

I can recommend JFWRC for your hunt, if you're willing to go to NM. We went through his service this year and had a great time. He tells it like it is and will do everything possible to make sure you have an enjoyable and successful hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom