2009 x-5b

E

elkstalkers

my dad has drawn x-5b. he hunted there in 1982 shot a 28-inch buck.we are goig scouting next weekend. anyone with some info I would be willing to trade info, my family owns a private license pheasant club in no. ca,we hunt elk and deer in co and wy since 1970's, plus hunt and fish ca. we are looking for a big mature mule deer and will pass on bucks tiil we find him.

that 28" buck maybe hard to beat!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

In the past I have seen good bucks on both sides of the road to Observation Peak dont go to the top but hunt about 2 miles before you get to the peak. You can hunt both side of the road there should be some good deer there.

You are picking a very bad time to scout, if you're going next weekend. It is the opener for the rifle pronghorn hunt, as well as archery deer hunt. There are going to be a lot of people up there hunting, and you run the risk of disturbing someone's essentially once in a lifetime hunt in that unit. I would sure suggest you consider scouting after the pronghorn hunts are over, as you'll be closer to your hunt, and will be more likely to find bucks near where they'll be when your season opens.

I'll be glad to help with some suggestions, but only if you don't go up there this weekend. I've seen some nice mule deer the last couple days. Be prepared to hike, as they aren't along roads.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom