2011 Antelope Pics

marley

Very Active Member
Just got my 2011 muzzleloader antelope back today. I think he turned out great.

89732011_antelope.jpg

The mount looks great. Love the length and prongs on your lope Marley.
Congrats on an awesome trophy.

Eldorado

That is really nice - antelope sure do make one of the nicest mounts there is, really well done - congrats!!

Sweet goat! He sure carries his mass high. Looks like he has more mass above his cutters than below even.

What did he score? Low 80's is my guess. But I've been wrong before.

Thanks guys.....his mass is very deceiving. He is very bladed so even though he looks heavy up top, from the side it is very narrow and the same goes for the bases. He has great prongs, good height but was lacking in the mass. He scored around 76". I chased this buck for 3 days trying to get him with my muzzleloader and was about as excited as I could get when it all came together. A leftover tag, a 1300 yard belly crawl through a ditch and a 154 yard shot.

Heading back out this year to the same place with a rifle this time. There were 2 bucks that I know would go over 80" that I have a score to settle with. This will be my sons first big game hunt and I hope those 2 haven't gone far!

Awesome mount and a great buck. He is way more impressive than most 76-inch bucks, thats for sure. I guess this just goes to show you that mass is the most important measurement for scoring antelope. Who cares about scores I say, it is all about eye appeal!

One of the prettiest set of horns you'll ever see!
I love the prongs and curling horns.
The mount is great and the antelope is beautiful!
Congrats marley,
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom