2011 Antelope

ORIONTHEHUNTER

Very Active Member
I know it is early, but I am already looking forward to next year. My daughter wants to go hunting with me, she will be five in March and I thought Wyoming Antelope might be a fun, exciting way to get her going. I do not have any points and I am a nonresident. I was curious if anybody could steer me towards a couple of units with decent numbers and access and might not be overly crowded. I am not looking for trophy bucks just an area with a lot of antelope she can see and that we might be able to put a stalk on. Thanks in advance and feel free to pm me. I can trade info with SW colorado if need be.

With no preference points you're probaly looking at a private land tresspass fee type hunt if you're looking for a quality experience for you and your daughter. I'd suggest units 23, 25,or 26. Lots of goats and if you're willing to pay $200 - $300 you should be able to get on some good private land with a little planning. There is a bit of public land in those units you can draw with 0 points but it gets hunted hard and probably isn't what you're looking for. Get the landowner list for those areas from Wyo. game and fish and call the local warden and biologist. Tell 'em what you're looking for and they'll help you. It sure is nice to hear of a dad taking his little girl hunting. I have 3 of 'em but they are a long ways past 5 now. Brings back memories. GOOD LUCK. Chip

If you're OK with a private land hunt, I can recommend a real nice place to take your daughter in northeast Wyoming, south of Buffalo. Took my son there for the first time when he was 7, and we had a great hunt. Hunted pronghorns and whitetails on the ranch. Tons of animals. PM me if interested.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom