2012 Bison

i think now is a good time to go. up the North Fork going to the east gate i think they are allowing a few to be shot since to many have crossed the line. and i seen a bunch migrating around mammonth so i assume they are migrating out by jackson where the tag would be good for...........

the park got snow all of last week to, so thats going to push them animals out.

Delmag1942, check out this spring's thread on Bison Results for some info that may help you and your brother out.

I just got back from a week in Jackson and out and around the NER.

No snow and rain most every day, it did get cold on Thursday and Friday.

Tough hunting for buff on the NER.

Hopefully by your bud's hunt dates more snow will fall and he does great.

Robb

It snowed in Jackson over the weekend, the weather pattern is turning more active, colder, more precip, supposed to snow each day this week. I would imagine by the time you all roll in after Christmas that you'll have time & snow that has moved the animals.

My father in law and brother in law both still have tags waiting on snow. We all live close enough so that if they come down we can head up and try it out. If you call the Jackson fish and game office the ladies in the office will be more than helpful telling you where they are at and what they are doing. I was lucky enough to draw a cow tag myself and got her on opening day with my bow at 17.6 yards ill post a picture later. Good luck post pics have a great hunt!

My fiance got the whole stock and kill on video also from about 150 yards away. It was a great hunt!

2563img_3169.jpg

6357img_1485.jpg

I have Non-Resident any bison tag #19. I was there the 4th week of October hunting and then again last week, came home Saturday. Still have yet to pull the triger. Tough hunt with no snow. Will be heading back again soon.

Anyone have any updates? Scouted Friday, about 6 hit the ground in the refuge. Went in there yesterday (3 miles) and there were none in the big valley. There are alot of them just north of the Gros Ventre road and west of the Triangle X. Trying to decide if we should stick to the refuge or head into the forst?

You might want to take another look in the refuge. My aunt & uncle went for a run on the refuge road last Friday and saw 2 pickups with with buffalo in the back coming out of the refuge.

there were 25 to 28 taken off the refuge friday, mostly on the north end, that pushed them back across the river into the park. I think I took the only one Saturday, a Bull. They got into them thismorning and got 10 by one of the parking lots and more up by the river. I hear they went back into the park now but there is likely some small groups scattered around the northern part of the refuge.

Across the river from the downstream end of the campground, about a mile up river from the parking lot at 2.9

With tommorow being the last day of the season I would love to know how many tags are still unfilled, Im betting it will be more than usual.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/4297025_(3).jpg

Got it done last Monday afternoon. Not the biggest bull (900 lbs +/-), but a hell of a first "out west" trophy for my brother. Thanks for all the help!

David Peck

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom